Notify (PS2K, 0x20)
end;

into method label _Q12 replace_content
begin
// Brightness Up
Notify (PS2K, 0x10)
end;
I works fine Fn+f9 _Q12 notify(PS2k,0x10) brightness up
but Fn+F8 brightness is going up also. so Notify (PS2K, 0x20) works like Notify (PS2K, 0x10) How can i fix it?
Thanks

Seems like you should bring your problem to the developer of your chosen PS2 kext.

You should verify your assertion using ACPIDebug.kext prior to doing that, of course.

Also, no help here without all files requested in post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Thanks! I now have brightness on my laptop :D
I thought i was going to mess it up, but i didn't..

Hi all,

My Graphics is HD 4000 with 1366*768 resolution.

I had patched DSDT and installed IntelBacklight.kext. when adjust brightness, the screen was flickering. only maximum and minimum brightness is normal.

what’s the problem?

Hi all,

My Graphics is HD 4000 with 1366*768 resolution.

I had patched DSDT and installed IntelBacklight.kext. when adjust brightness, the screen was flickering. only maximum and minimum brightness is normal.

what’s the problem?

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Seems like you should bring your problem to the developer of your chosen PS2 kext.

You should verify your assertion using ACPIDebug.kext prior to doing that, of course.

Also, no help here without all files requested in post #1, "Problem Reporting".
I think if i have good code for brightness down it can be fix this issue or may be my keyboard is new it change code fn+f8
Here is all my files
And my terminal

NGUYENs-iMac:~ nguyen$ kextstat|grep -y acpiplat

13 2 0xffffff7f83061000 0x66000 0x66000 com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (4.0) A29C7512-D3A8-3AED-9721-3A5FF1A32EB2 <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>
NGUYENs-iMac:~ nguyen$ kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
NGUYENs-iMac:~ nguyen$ kextstat|grep -y applelpc
NGUYENs-iMac:~ nguyen$
NGUYENs-iMac:~ nguyen$ sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
Password:
NGUYENs-iMac:~ nguyen$​

Attachments

• P15fv5.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 87
I think if i have good code for brightness down it can be fix this issue or may be my keyboard is new it change code fn+f8
Here is all my files
And my terminal

NGUYENs-iMac:~ nguyen$ kextstat|grep -y acpiplat

13 2 0xffffff7f83061000 0x66000 0x66000 com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (4.0) A29C7512-D3A8-3AED-9721-3A5FF1A32EB2 <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>
NGUYENs-iMac:~ nguyen$ kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
NGUYENs-iMac:~ nguyen$ kextstat|grep -y applelpc
NGUYENs-iMac:~ nguyen$ sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
Password:
NGUYENs-iMac:~ nguyen$​

You should use ACPIDebug.kext to verify _Q11/_Q12 are being called as you expect.
Then contact the author of your chosen PS2 kext if you think there is a bug in the kext.

You should use ACPIDebug.kext to verify _Q11/_Q12 are being called as you expect.
Then contact the author of your chosen PS2 kext if you think there is a bug in the kext.
I dont known how to debug ACPIDebug.kext with _Q11/_Q12
so that means i can't fix it by myself i will contact with EMlyDinEsH (author Elan kext)

thanks

I dont known how to debug ACPIDebug.kext with _Q11/_Q12

It is covered in the guide in post #1. (patch with "Instrument EC query methods").

I upload the related files, plz help me. thanks.

Your ioreg shows brightness is set to zero (black). Press your brightness up key (assuming you implemented it).

Note: You used the wrong patch for IntelBacklight.kext. You only need the simple "Brightness Fix" patch.

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Back