Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] P67A-D3-B3 with Nvidia GT430 and OS X 10.6.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate the guide. How do I go about installing the Nvidia drivers? I have the same components as you except the motherboard. I have an Asus p8p67 pro and whenever I start up the nvidia driver installer it keeps saying that my computer isnt supported then forces me to quit. :(

There are guides specific to your motherboard, try in the Installation Guides section, I'm sure I've seen people install it with the Asus mobo you have.

have you tested overclock with this setup? if so, how is that working for you?

d-twizzle said:
have you tested overclock with this setup? if so, how is that working for you?

No overclock yet. Trying to get sleep working on Lion first.

Waiting for the lnx2mac's Realtek driver for my RTL8169 card to see if that fixes my sleep issues.

I do know Speedstep works.

My spec:
MB: GA-P67A-D3-B3
Processor: i7 2600k
Grafic: Gigabyte HD6870
Ram: 8GB 1600MHz Kingston HyperX
HD: SSD Vertex 3 60GB

This is what I did:
installed 10.6 retail using iBoot
UpdateHelper and reboot using iBoot
ComboUpdate 10.6.8 reboot using iBoot (after this I can turn on SL)
MultiBeast with custom DSDT from tony's Database System Utilities, ALC8xxHDA, AppleHDA Rollback, ALC889, IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector, FakeSMC, FakeSMC Plugins without nVidia, USB3, Realtek Gigabit Ethernet 2.0.6, MacPro3,1. Installed no errors
Reboot from harddrive and loading OSX then shutdown with working fanses

Any idea what am I doing wrong??

EDIT:

I was finally able to boot to lion with the kernel flags GraphicsEnabler=No.

But why?? and what does it mean?? Can someone explain it to me??

Hey everyone, I'm working with the GA-P67A-UD3-B3. I seem to be stuck at the way beginning. :/

Hardware on this particular system:
-GA-P67A-UD3-B3 (rev 1.1, f4)
-intel core i7-2600k
-4gb ram at the moment for the install
-MSI Twin Frozr N560GTX-Ti (is this my problem? others have supposedly gotten it to work. I have an older ati radeon x1300 pro available to swap if that helps.)

When i try to boot iBoot (3.1.1), it loads a little bit. But before anything shows up, the computer restarts, stuck in a reboot loop. I think I have my BIOS settings correct and I tried burning multiple copies of iBoot (all have the same result).

iBoot legacy boots up but when I replace the iBoot disc with the OSX retail disc and press f5, it boots from somewhere else (windows partition - says something about NTLDR, tells me to restart by pressing ctrl+alt+dlt)

Ive tried other boot loaders but i can never get lion or sl to start the installation, always reboots my computer before the installer starts.

Do you think you could help me out?

UPDATE:
tried the x1300 pro. same symptoms :/

UPDATE #2:
i can't believe it. the problem was that i was using a usb optical drive. got a SATA one and boot came up fine. :thumbup:

fehhkk said:
Just wanted to share my fresh new Sandy Bridge vanilla build, done entirely with MultiBeast, and iBoot (latest versions).

I love you bro!!! :headbang:

Any other tricks to adjust on the BIOS to make things... let's say... even better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back