Contribute
Register

Guide - OS X 10.8.5 onto Haswell MSI-Z87M-G43

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for linking the bios patch

btw your builds are great!!

Hey great tut! I used this for Mavericks! And it works perfectly! I was wondering one thing, when I reboot without the USB I get an error, so I can only boot with the USB do you know what the problem is?
Best regards

Hello Neil! Thank you for this amazing guide, I'm working with a Z87-G45 Gaming motherboard, and I have gotten everything to work, except for the ethernet, do you know what I have to do to get it to work? Thank you!

Great tutorial.
Its worked me with
i5 4670k
MSI Z87-G43

i didnt check if ethernet works but wifi not working.

Thanks a lot for excellent guide! I have install OS X 10.9.1 on my PC simply going step-by-step. My PC is: Intel i5-4670, MSI Z87-G41 PC Mate with patched UEFI (bios), NVidia GeForce GTX 660Ti 2Gb, USB(!) keyboard and mouse (PS/2 does not work until MultiBeast postinstallation). I did not unplug second hd with ntfs Windows 8 installed and additional PCI sound card, display was connected to NVidia graphics card and installation was OK. Now I have ability to work with Visual Studio and XCode only one PC. Thanks twice!

@neilhart, you show off MultiBeast with a chosen system definition of iMac13,2 - now that there's a 14,1 and 14,2 - would you recommend choosing one of those over for instance MacPro3,1?

The reason I'm asking if I'm curious if this will for instance get USB 3.0 ports work like they should with fallback to USB 2.0. Previously with a Gigabyte I turned off USB 3.0 altogether on all ports just to get a consistency connectivity on all ports. Will it help stability overall?

I'm building using a Z87-G43 and not the Z87M-G43 version like is described here - throwing Mavericks on a SSD.

Any insight is helpful - I'm already thankful for the thorough tutorial on how to patch the BIOS(which I did on my Mac without issue) and the various settings in MultiBeast and also the things to write on boot.

Any other have insights to the system definition issue 13,2 vs now 14,2? Will it make a difference which one I choose?

Thank You, I shall try this. I attempted the Mavericks guide and exhausted all efforts I could think of. I shall give the patch a try MSI Z87-G41 PC mate, i5 4670, and MSI R7770 is my current setup.
Edit
I was able to flash my BIOS and install Mavericks. I am still not sure of what all I need to install with multibeast, Mavericks will only boot from USB now. Windows still boots fine. Chimera boot loader was one of the pre~selected options but still doesn't boot when I select the Mac dedicated drive upon starting the PC. Also is there a way to set up a multiboot option or will I need to select in my case F11 to boot into OS X assuming I get the boot loader functioning?

Hi @neilhart , i write this message after i had read a looooooooooot of threads in this forum and others, about this issue: msi x58m audio internal doesn´t work in Mountain Lion 10.8.5. Maybe you can help me with this issue, i looked that you have same mother running ML , is this rigth? I´ve tried multibeast, with and without DSDT, installing using Toleda files, with injection, and some otrher method that can remember in this moment. After 1 month of test and tries, i decided ask for some help. Thank you in advance.
Regards,

First off, Thank you @neilhart!
So I started over using this as opposed to Mavericks ( no built in audio). Everything is a success :headbang: running DVI from mobo. The only change I made was the alc887 driver for my Z87-G41 mobo audio.

Is there an available fix to use my ghraphics card? *R7770* I tried starting fresh with graphics card plugged in and connected to DVI, while adding the bootflag GraphicsEnabler=no I was able to complete the install, but not boot into ML to finish the setup. It does load fine from mobo and runs flawlessly.

Hi niel
I update my BIOS to latest version ie v1.7 . now I wanted to apply pm patch and was able to extract output image . so I copied the output file and renamed it to match original and opend mflash to update again but now my BIOS won't see the update no matter what and I can't even downgrade . can u suggest me what to do

I5 4670 k
Gtx 770
MSI z87-g43
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back