Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] OC Monterey Z590I Gigabyte VISION D + i9 11900K + AMD RX6600

@Middleman Looking at your latest EFI folder - assuming the OP has your latest attached? - There's a few kexts I know I won't need or want - CPUFriend must be specific to your CPU, also SASMegaRaid obviously. I think the RestrictEvents kext is specific to the MacPro 7.1 SMBIOS IIRC, while I'll be going 20,2? Also I'm pretty sure you want to remove USBInjectAll if you've done your port mapping.
I'll take it for a spin tomorrow with a lot of these kexts removed (KISS works) but any pointers re any SSDTs that might be useful to me very welcome. I don't like adding them unless I have at least a vague idea of what theyre there for :)

Oh sorry about that, i just looked at your pic and assumed you were the OP. The attached EFI I put is the one i was using before switching to the OPs much better EFI. The only issue is the CPU temps not being reported correctly and windows not booting correctly when going through the open core picker

Oh sorry about that, i just looked at your pic and assumed you were the OP. The attached EFI I put is the one i was using before switching to the OPs much better EFI. The only issue is the CPU temps not being reported correctly and windows not booting correctly when going through the open core picker
While it can be great to get an instant result from using someone's EFI, the problem with it is you don't really know what is doing what and you haven't learned very much as you do in the process of doing your own, so when it's time to troubleshoot, you come unstuck. To be clear, I wouldn't "preach" at you like this if you hadn't already said you were a bit of a newb.

Is your CPU also an 11900k? You say it's identical apart from your GPU, but sometimes people say that when they just have the same motherboard. I have a 10th gen i3 CPU so obviously that's SO different from an 11th gen i9 that a lot of the OP's EFI, especially the SSDTs, aren't going to be all that useful to me specifically.

I think my plan, having read more of this thread, will be to work through the Dortania guide keeping things really simple, and then to try to cherry pick specific things from this thread as and when I need them. You might want to start with just deleting stuff you know doesn't apply to your hardware, keeping backups as you go: Make sure you do a clean snapshot with Propertree each time you make a change and only make one change at a time. Alternatively, since you have a bootable install, you could keep that in reserve and make your own. HTH

While it can be great to get an instant result from using someone's EFI, the problem with it is you don't really know what is doing what and you haven't learned very much as you do in the process of doing your own, so when it's time to troubleshoot, you come unstuck. To be clear, I wouldn't "preach" at you like this if you hadn't already said you were a bit of a newb.

Is your CPU also an 11900k? You say it's identical apart from your GPU, but sometimes people say that when they just have the same motherboard. I have a 10th gen i3 CPU so obviously that's SO different from an 11th gen i9 that a lot of the OP's EFI, especially the SSDTs, aren't going to be all that useful to me specifically.

I think my plan, having read more of this thread, will be to work through the Dortania guide keeping things really simple, and then to try to cherry pick specific things from this thread as and when I need them. You might want to start with just deleting stuff you know doesn't apply to your hardware, keeping backups as you go: Make sure you do a clean snapshot with Propertree each time you make a change and only make one change at a time. Alternatively, since you have a bootable install, you could keep that in reserve and make your own. HTH
Yup same everything even Ram, although i Have the 64gig kit. I think you're right about alot of things. I feel like alot of whats in the EFI folder from the OP I might not need. I might start taking things out and testing. My main concern now if getting bluetooth working 100%

@Middleman - I have been reading this thread with great interest as I haven't been able to get my rig to even boot to a login. Actually, I have been able to get to login but as soon as I so, the system resets. Very frustrating.

It seems as though the ethernet on my board is the issue. It has compatibility issues with Mac OS. See below for details.

I have a similar setup but can't get my system stabilized. My new system is an Asus Z590-E with a i7-11700 and an AsusRX 6600. I have built multiple rigs and have been able to get them going by looking up similar rigs and making some minor changes.

I tried a vanilla build using the OpenCore Install guide but no luck.

I have been able to login one time and haven't been able to get back in even though I am using the same EFI. Weird.

I have downloaded several other similar EFIs but can't even login. Most of the time, the EFI just hangs. A couple of times I was able to login then the computer restarted almost immediately.

My sense is that because I am using an i7-11700, I need something extra. I know I need to spoof the CPU. Most of the builds I see are with the 11700-K. Should that affect the spoofing?

Do I need to declare my GPU?

Ever hear of a weird ASUS bios setting? I have looked through it completely several times and have followed everyone's advice. Maybe I am missing something there.

I saw that you provided some spoofing IDs. Should I be trying other IDs?

Should I be preparing more in advance by running some scripts in the terminal? (I usually do it after I have logged in then switch out the AMLs.)

Should I be starting to generate AMLs from the PC then bring them over?

I am missing something and I think it is related to my processor.

I did try your EFI but didn't have any luck with it.

Thank you in advance for any guidance you could provide.

normally a user would boot verbose and take a pic or vid to upload so we can see the issue, along with the zipped EFI folder - I will try to get some output that could tell us where the issue lies.

Last edited:
@Middleman - I have been reading this thread with great interest as I haven't been able to get my rig to even boot to a login. Actually, I have been able to get to login but as soon as I so, the system resets. Very frustrating.

I have a similar setup but can't get my system stabilized. My new system is an Asus Z590-E with a i7-11700 and an AsusRX 6600. I have built multiple rigs and have been able to get them going by looking up similar rigs and making some minor changes.

I tried a vanilla build using the OpenCore Install guide but no luck.

I have been able to login one time and haven't been able to get back in even though I am using the same EFI. Weird.

I have downloaded several other similar EFIs but can't even login. Most of the time, the EFI just hangs. A couple of times I was able to login then the computer restarted almost immediately.

My sense is that because I am using an i7-11700, I need something extra. I know I need to spoof the CPU. Most of the builds I see are with the 11700-K. Should that affect the spoofing?

Do I need to declare my GPU?

Ever hear of a weird ASUS bios setting? I have looked through it completely several times and have followed everyone's advice. Maybe I am missing something there.

I saw that you provided some spoofing IDs. Should I be trying other IDs?

Should I be preparing more in advance by running some scripts in the terminal? (I usually do it after I have logged in then switch out the AMLs.)

Should I be starting to generate AMLs from the PC then bring them over?

I am missing something and I think it is related to my processor.

I did try your EFI but didn't have any luck with it.

Thank you in advance for any guidance you could provide.

normally a user would boot verbose and take a pic or vid to upload so we can see the issue, along with the zipped EFI folder - I will try to get some output that could tell us where the issue lies.
I tried @Middleman EFI again and wasn't successful. It would start showing the verbose then the screen would go black and not come back.

ITEMS REMOVED AS THEY WERE RESOLVED

Last edited:
I tried @Middleman EFI again and wasn't successful. It would start showing the verbose then the screen would go black and not come back.

I was able to get one view. At this point the computer just froze.

I tried with his devices (what he had in his EFI) then created my own EFI with the devices I was able to extract from my own system that I was able to get to boot up one time. (That one time was was connected via HDMI instead of Digital (maybe related to my problems))

I have a fresh copy of Monterey and Ventura. Both fail.

Thank you for any ideas someone may have.
maybe have the one file called config.plist....

maybe have the one file called config.plist....
I have several for testing purposes. If I could get any of them to work, I would get rid of the others and work off the one that worked.

I tried Middleman's "vanilla" config, that didn't work. I added my own devices, that didn't work then I had one where I kind of went nuts.

They only time I was ever to get my system to boot was while I was connected to an HDMI monitor. I might switch back to that one temporarily.

I have several for testing purposes. If I could get any of them to work, I would get rid of the others and work off the one that worked.

I tried Middleman's "vanilla" config, that didn't work. I added my own devices, that didn't work then I had one where I kind of went nuts.

They only time I was ever to get my system to boot was while I was connected to an HDMI monitor. I might switch back to that one temporarily.
hard to help when there is no one file called config.plist.... or you expecting someone to look at all your config files?

hard to help when there is no one file called config.plist.... or you expecting someone to look at all your config files?
Point taken. I will boil my configs down to a single one that seems to have the most promise.

Back