Contribute
Register

[Guide][New VoodooI2C] Asus Vivobook S15 X510UAR 10.13+

Has anyone tried to install on F510UA? Specs seem similar and I want to buy that laptop specifically for Hackintosh, so a little bit of insight would be cool to hear ^^
Install seems to work across various asus models. i got everything working on mine , which is listed in the comment above yours

Hello, again!
Thanks to @saintno1997's new files at GitHub (8-th version) my Hackintosh quickly goes to sleep mode and wakes up normally.
The main problem was solved.
But after reboot the sound volume not saved and each time is at maximum.
At the specific topic the solution is in AppleHDA.kext, but @saintno1997 used hotpatch, and I don't understand how to save sound volume at this case?
In the same way the keyboard's backlight behaves.
Can anybody help me to solve these problems?
Debug file is uploaded.

Attachments

• debug_18622.zip
    3 MB · Views: 64
Hello, again!
Thanks to @saintno1997's new files at GitHub (8-th version) my Hackintosh quickly goes to sleep mode and wakes up normally.
At the specific topic the solution is in AppleHDA.kext, but @saintno1997 used hotpatch, and I don't understand how to save sound volume at this case?
Debug file is uploaded.

Sounds like an NVRAM problem. Did you test your NVRAM?

I test this just now. Test's result is Ok.

Hello, again!
Debug file is uploaded.

Comments:
- MacBookPro14,3 is wrong. Use MacBookPro14,1 or MacBookPro11,1.

Also...
Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Comments:
- MacBookPro14,3 is wrong. Use MacBookPro14,1 or MacBookPro11,1.

Also...
Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Now MacbookPro14,1 was selected in config and all kexts (except FakeSMC) was moved to /L/E
But with no result...
debug file is uploaded:

Attachments

• debug_21840.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 69
Now MacbookPro14,1 was selected in config and all kexts (except FakeSMC) was moved to /L/E
But with no result...
debug file is uploaded:
all kexts, including FakeSMC belongs in /L/E (and keep it in clover/kexts/other)

all kexts, including FakeSMC belongs in /L/E (and keep it in clover/kexts/other)
With no result.
But in process of rebuilding kextcache a lot of errors occurred:
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fdcb8700ae0 [0x7fff9dcfeb30]> { URL = "ACPIBatteryManager.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.rehabman.driver.AppleSmartBatteryManager" }

Invalid signature -67050 for kext <OSKext 0x7fdcbc465da0 [0x7fff9dcfeb30]> { URL = "VoodooI2CHID.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.alexandred.VoodooI2CHID" }

With no result.
But in process of rebuilding kextcache a lot of errors occurred:
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fdcb8700ae0 [0x7fff9dcfeb30]> { URL = "ACPIBatteryManager.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.rehabman.driver.AppleSmartBatteryManager" }

Invalid signature -67050 for kext <OSKext 0x7fdcbc465da0 [0x7fff9dcfeb30]> { URL = "VoodooI2CHID.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.alexandred.VoodooI2CHID" }

Invalid signature is normal.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

During the time which passed from my previous post I had installed Mojave on my S510UNR.
It working, except saving sound volume and keyboard backlight (like on High Sierra).
It seems to me, that this problems solution is in improper kexts or in improper patching.
Model of Macbook and the place where kexts is located does not influence to the result.
I had edited config (info.plist) from AsusNBFnKeys.kext to set initial level on keyboard backlight to 0 and at the booting backlight is at minimal level (at the first) and then set up at zero level.
PR is uploaded.
Is this off topic (Mojave)?

Attachments

• debug_17627.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 59
Back