Contribute
Register

[Guide][New VoodooI2C] Asus Vivobook S15 X510UAR 10.13+

from my exp:
1. I used the EFI from @bugsb main repo (OC 0.6.8, last update from April 2021), change MLB, SerialNumber, UUID (manually through Propertree) and install Catalina
2. when you informed the upgrade steps to go for Monterey last week I followed and also upgrade to OC 0.7.5, manually by copy/paste files and editing the existing config.plist by Propertree, no auto config like OpenCore Configurator
3. reboot and OC 0.7.5 dont recognize the MACOS partition (Catalina at the moment)
4. set those MinDate and MinVersion to -1 and MACOS partition / Catalina shows up again
5. Then I upgrade to Big Sur, revert the MinDate and MinVersion back to 0

so I think maybe you did change some other things to make it work with Catalina without the need to change MinDate and MinVersion???

Last edited:
@a29psx no, that's why it's SO important to follow a manual 100% and not skip even one step you don't like or think you don't need for some reason. You even answered your question yourself: OpenCore Configurator does auto-config according to OC version! It DOES do some settings which are required simply by loading a config.plist configured for an older version of OC, then saving it. That's why I wrote that manual to make in-place upgrade as simple as possible .. ;)

I see. I just thought that I would stick with Propertree like the dortania guide said
So I ve never try any auto config app. Will give it a try next time

Can you recheck if your current EFI (which can boot Catalina, Big Sur and Monterey) has the MinDate and MinVersion set to anything other than 0, just to be sure

see my screenshot on the previous page, that's from my current OC EFI I'm running my VivoBook hack with - both instances 0. OC Configurator will set those automatically for you and also add to the existing config.plist the few tidbits which Monterey requires. Propertree can't know those.

@a29psx When you could not select Catalina on OpenCore 0.7.5 with MinVersion and MinDate set to default, your OS number was probably 10.15.6. or lower. 10.15.6 was released before Aug. 2021 (This was when the developers changed the default value of those items), and 10.15.7 was released later than that.
If you are willing, you can try installing and booting 10.15.7 and 10.14.6. The former may boot, but the latter will not. If so, please report the finding to Acidanthera so they can change Configuration.pdf, which says only Big Sur or higher is supported with MinVersion and MinDate set to default(0), or once again they could change the default(0) value. They say report any non-expected behavior in Configuration.pdf. Users should stop relying on misconfiguration and/or bugs to bypass security and functionality the developers spent so much time and effort to implement.
Note that OpenCore Configurator is unsupported and discouraged by the OpenCore developers because it adds items to Configurator developers' taste and at best has no more than adding items according to the OpenCore version which is equivalent to adding items with ProperTree.

@whatnameisit actually I ve just start this hackintosh thing during the last chinese new year holiday (mid February this year)
And when I first read the dortania guide it said I should go with the lasted Catalina version rather than going for Big Sur
So I'm on 10.15.7 19H15 from the very begining, never been on any other version lower than that

Yea, sorry I gave fhe wrong info. I read release date of 10.15.7 as September 2021.
OpenCore is working as expected. As for others who can boot Catalina on OpenCore 0.7.5 with default MinVersion and MinDate, they probably have corrupted APFS driver.

Last edited:
@whatnameisit could you show me the way to determine the MinVersion for specific MACOS version

the MinDate can be obtained easily from wikipedia

Sorry, but I don't know. Try OpenCore debug to see if you can obtain the version number.

Anybody here ever replaced their M.2 SSD with an upgrade? If so, which one? My current one is the TOSHIBA THNSNK256GVN8, form factor 2280-S2 (single-sided) 80.0 x 22.0 x 2.23 mm. I wonder how much space/ leeway there is for an upgrade height wise.

Back