Contribute
Register

[Guide][New VoodooI2C] Asus Vivobook S15 X510UAR 10.13+

OK

@baohiep: I downloaded AptioFixPkg-master.zip and ran macbuild.tool. Do I now have to copy ALL compiled release binaries (AptioInputFix.efi, AptioMemoryFix.efi, CleanNvram.efi, VerifyMsrE2.efi) and also TOOLS_DEF.X64 into Clover/drivers64UEFI? @saintno1997: is that what you have done already, or something different?

I have already removed OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi, turned off VT-D and Fast Boot in BIOS, and also applied the pmset terminal commands.
Newest EFI have have AptioMemoryFix.efi and apfsloader efi , del intel kext and use Whatevergreen like @baohiep said! Also del NullEnthernet

nice guide , my F510ua is working perfectly ~
and I was change intel fix to whatevergreen to make my HDMI can output 4k30hz .

another question about your voodooi2c, will you make double click for select items ?

Newest EFI have have AptioMemoryFix.efi and apfsloader efi , del intel kext and use Whatevergreen like @baohiep said! Also del NullEnthernet
Done - also applied baohiep's two VoodooI2C kexts - all working! However for unknown reason, had to remove DSDT, redump via Clover then redo via MaciASL because after these changes, booting got stuck. After DSDT redo, booting fine again.

I'm might go back to your VoodooI2C kexts, though, because @baohiep 's behave oddly here:
- odd pointer jumps quite often
- for highlighting text, there is only a very small "sweet spot" right to the left of the middle bar marker on the bottom of the trackpad. If I miss that, no highlighting but contextual menu (right or secondary click) instead.

[EDIT]: same with dragging, for examples windows: if I miss that "sweet spot", no dragging...

Do you experience that, too?

[EDIT2]: yes, back to your VoodooI2C kexts - the ones from baohiep's s510ua.zip are not usuable for me with this trackpad. DO maybe the DSDT patches need to get changed from GPIO to polling for his kexts?

Last edited:
@bugsb Well, my VoodooI2C kexts don't work well because it's in experimental state. It spoofs a Magic Trackpad 2, that's why its gestures are so good. But because MT2's protocol is not open-sourced, the kexts sometimes send wrong data, result in random cursor jumping. Also, MT2's hardware is much better than most of Windows trackpad.

@bugsb Well, my VoodooI2C kexts don't work well because it's in experimental state. It spoofs a Magic Trackpad 2, that's why its gestures are so good. But because MT2's protocol is not open-sourced, the kexts sometimes send wrong data, result in random cursor jumping. Also, MT2's hardware is much better than most of Windows trackpad.
OK, thanks for the explanation, baohiep.

@saintno1997 : are the new VoodooI2C kexts on your github marked as "Update VoodooI2C from @hieplpvip" the exact same ones as from hiep, or are they a new merger of his and yours?

nice guide , my F510ua is working perfectly ~
and I was change intel fix to whatevergreen to make my HDMI can output 4k30hz .

another question about your voodooi2c, will you make double click for select items ?

Dear kcstudiohk,
Can you upload full Kexts and EFI ? I have F510UA and I have issue with touchpad and battery. Thanks.

OK, thanks for the explanation, baohiep.

@saintno1997 : are the new VoodooI2C kexts on your github marked as "Update VoodooI2C from @hieplpvip" the exact same ones as from hiep, or are they a new merger of his and yours?

I'm pretty sure they are mine

how exciting - Bluetooth in 10.13.6 suddenly works 100% all of the time, even after fresh power-up without having to boot Windows or 10.13.5 first beforehand, and even without -f and with fast boot re-enabled in BIOS :) !!!

What's even more surprising to me is that BT now finally (and exclusively) works with BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext in /LE as recommended by RehabMan, which never worked before, not eben in 10.13.5. I also removed the depreciated BrcmFirmwareData.kext from C/k/O as per RehabMan's instructions to only have EITHER of the the two kexts active (obviously BrcmFirmwareData.kext stopped working completely for me on my Vivo in 10.13.6). Still have the port limit removal patch active in Clover.plist, though. Don't have any more time now to test if it's still needed so will leave active for now because I have not been experiencing any tangible negative side-effects so far.

@baohiep , do you have any idea if that my BT now fully working in 10.13.6 is a positive and to-be-expected side-effect of the AptioMemoryFix.efi compiled by the script, + maybe the BT4LEContiunityFixup.kext in Clover/kexts/Other you provided in your s510ua.zip package from your conversation with saintno on github?

(BTW, in that package, BOTH BrcmFirmware kexts are present, the Repo one in le_kexts and the Data one in clover_kexts. From what RehabMan writes they might cause conflict with each other if active at the same time. Just in case you were not aware.)

Last edited:
@bugsb I place BrcmFirmware kexts to Clover in case of booting into Recovery (which is on a different volume)

When you boot macOS with "InjectKexts" set to "Detect", Clover will find FakeSMC in kextcache. If it found, it will not inject kexts in Clover/kexts/Other.

So you don't have to worry about kexts conflict if FakeSMC is installed to /L/E.

Btw, you don't need VerifyMsrE2, CleanNvram and TOOLS_DEF.X64

Last edited:
@bugsb You may want to try the build I have uploaded several hours ago. It uses hot-patch!
Remember to compile dsl to aml.

Back