Contribute
Register

[Guide] MSI DOMINATOR GT60 2PC macOS Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey again. It is 2am in austria and I should go to sleep but I have one more question!
I was able to install sierra on my ssd and keep Windows 10 on the other one! I did exactly how I should, the last thing I did which worked was installing the kexts and rhe clover bootloader on the osx ssd. I tried your method with ubuntu of course but unfortunately I still cant boot into sierra without the installer! The menu pops up but when I select the correct osx boot drive the apple logo appears for a second and then the notebook reboots again into clover! Booting into windows 10 via clover works fine without the installer! Do you have any advice?

It will work but backup first everything in case something goes wrong. You can choose from Clover boot options.

well I dont know how it should work?!?! as I said. without the usb installer CLOVER boots but only W10 works and when selecting macOS Sierra the white Apple logo appears for a short time and then the laptop restarts into clover again....

Hi! Didn't saw the entire message in the morning or last night, not sure why.

Go in Clover, and clear NVRam in the shell:

I found a solution which was to clear NVRAM. At the clover screen select to open the UEFI shell. Then type 'bcfg boot dump'. Then type exit and try to access the SSD or HDD in question. If that doesn't work you may need to restart. Everything worked great for me after that!"

Let me know if this works.

Last edited:
Hi! Didn't saw the entire message in the morning or last night, not sure why.

Go in Clover, and clear NVRam in the shell:

I found a solution which was to clear NVRAM. At the clover screen select to open the UEFI shell. Then type 'bcfg boot dump'. Then type exit and try to access the SSD or HDD in question. If that doesn't work you may need to restart. Everything worked great for me after that!"

Let me know if this works.

I did it in another way...

I booted macOS Sierra using the USB Installer. Then I opened the Clover Install Package and installed the same things which I installed on my bootable OS X installer on the drive where OS X is running on. I didn't`t even have to mount the EFI partition :) Then I copied the "CLOVER" folder (where the config.plist file is located) and replaced it with the new "CLOVER" folder which was installed before on the drive where OS X is located! First reboot took a long time but now everything works fine without the USB Installer! But I noticed one weird thing. When shutting down Sierra my laptop doesn't fully shut down. the fans keep spinning and the keyboard and power button lets are still on and I always have to keep pressing the POWER button in order to shut down the notebook completely!

I did it in another way...

I booted macOS Sierra using the USB Installer. Then I opened the Clover Install Package and installed the same things which I installed on my bootable OS X installer on the drive where OS X is running on. I didn't`t even have to mount the EFI partition :) Then I copied the "CLOVER" folder (where the config.plist file is located) and replaced it with the new "CLOVER" folder which was installed before on the drive where OS X is located! First reboot took a long time but now everything works fine without the USB Installer! But I noticed one weird thing. When shutting down Sierra my laptop doesn't fully shut down. the fans keep spinning and the keyboard and power button lets are still on and I always have to keep pressing the POWER button in order to shut down the notebook completely!

Happens the same to me. Sometimes it works normally to shutdown, but sometimes not. Let me know if you find any solutions for that.
Also let me know if you know how to patch the AppleHDA.kext and Disable Nvidia Optimus graphics.

Thanks!

Happens the same to me. Sometimes it works normally to shutdown, but sometimes not. Let me know if you find any solutions for that.
Also let me know if you know how to patch the AppleHDA.kext and Disable Nvidia Optimus graphics.

Thanks!
no luck with the Nvidia graphics card...
the new web drivers still not support mobile cards...

btw how did you manage to enable sound?!?!?! I tried installing voodoo via mutlibeast, no success. in Yosemite ALC892 works but in Sierra it doesn't...

no luck with the Nvidia graphics card...
the new web drivers still not support mobile cards...

btw how did you manage to enable sound?!?!?! I tried installing voodoo via mutlibeast, no success. in Yosemite ALC892 works but in Sierra it doesn't...

MSI uses Nvidia Optimus, witch is not supported in MAC OS. We have to disable it by patching it, or something like that. But for me its like chinese LOL.

The sounds works for me (i have ALC892 too) i used Voodoo 2.8.8 , not sure why its not working at you. Did you set in the Sound Settings the correct output device?

MSI uses Nvidia Optimus, witch is not supported in MAC OS. We have to disable it by patching it, or something like that. But for me its like chinese LOL.

The sounds works for me (i have ALC892 too) i used Voodoo 2.8.8 , not sure why its not working at you. Did you set in the Sound Settings the correct output device?
my audio devices dont even show up. only HDMi audio output...

my audio devices dont even show up. only HDMi audio output...
Go to:

Your Mac OS Install partition > System > Library > Extensions, and delete the VoodooHDA.kext. After that, reboot.

Now, Right click on Multibeast > Show Package Contents > Contents > Resources , and look for VoodooHDA 2.8.8 . Copy that to your Desktop, and install as normal. Reboot after instalation, and it should work. Let me know.

Go to:

Your Mac OS Install partition > System > Library > Extensions, and delete the VoodooHDA.kext. After that, reboot.

Now, Right click on Multibeast > Show Package Contents > Contents > Resources , and look for VoodooHDA 2.8.8 . Copy that to your Desktop, and install as normal. Reboot after instalation, and it should work. Let me know.
nope didn't work....

nope didn't work....
Still blank?

Try to follow this guide:

RehabMan: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

(for me is chinese) let me know if you find the solution :) GOOD LUCK!

Q. Audio is not working. How to fix?

Best result with patched AppleHDA. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'. Search for suitable AppleHDA or patch it yourself. Apply appropriate DSDT patches.

Mirone has a guide for patching AppleHDA as well as a collection of already patched AppleHDA:

Patching guide: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/295001-guide-to-patch-applehda-for-your-codec/#entry1980947

Here is another AppleHDA patching guide: http://osxarena.com/2015/03/best-all-in-one-patch-applehda-guide/

AppleHDA collection: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298663-applehda-for-yosemite/

AppleHDAPatcher: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/297562-applehdapatcher/

DSDT patches for patched AppleHDA are covered in the DSDT/SSDT patching guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

Note: Many laptops use audio chips that have EAPD. If yours does (check your codec dump from Linux), you'll need CodecCommander: https://github.com/RehabMan/EAPD-Codec-Commander

Note: When using AppleHDA injectors (so-called "dummy HDA"), you must rebuild cache in a very specific way when audio is lost.

- boot without caches (press spacebar for Clover menu, choose from resulting menu)
- rebuild cache:
Code (Text):

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

- boot normally

You can also try VoodooHDA.kext (available in Multibeast)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back