Contribute
Register

[Guide] Mountain Lion Installation for Asus Vivobook S200, X202, S400...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought I would share something. I no longer have any problems with sleep. My laptop now wakes every time without flaw. I have been testing this for a few weeks now with 100% success.

In my clover config.plist i have "darkwake=no". I used to have "darkwake=0" which I thought was the same thing but would often have the laptop not wake from sleep. After switching to "no" it works every time. You can tell that it is doing it differently too since "0" wakes in about 1 second (when it does wake) and "no" wakes in about 2 or 3 seconds. Well worth it waking every time though.

I am using the latest version of clover if anyone is curious.

Can't seem to get the trackpad gestures working on mavericks.
Has anyone had any success with this? I've tried the v2.8, v3.0.2, and v3.0 drivers for the elan touch pad so far.
I'm also getting a lot of accidental input while typing.

Is this kext supposed to be installed wit kextBeast like everything else, or is there some special procedure for installing it?

What makes this even worse is that I am unable to access the trackpad section of system preferences, I just get this screen when attempting. Does anyone know a work-around?

[EDIT] - ***Fixed this issue*** As i am temporarily booting using a USB drive, I just had to go and remove the PS2 Kexts from /Extra/Extensions and it worked great

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-03-10 at 2.54.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-03-10 at 2.54.03 PM.png
    98.7 KB · Views: 166
First of all thanks for making this GUIDE. Someone with a really few knowledge on mac like me could manage to install on my x202e with this nice guide. I followed everything and now I have dual boot Win8 and Mavericks.

My problem is webcam somehow not working. Does anyone have the same problem?

Hey Guys!

When I installed Skype then webcam is working! (x202e)

It is just photoboot that can not see my webcam. I am fine with that.

Thanks.

In my clover config.plist i have "darkwake=no". I used to have "darkwake=0" which I thought was the same thing but would often have the laptop not wake from sleep. After switching to "no" it works every time. You can tell that it is doing it differently too since "0" wakes in about 1 second (when it does wake) and "no" wakes in about 2 or 3 seconds. Well worth it waking every time though.

Hey, thanks for posting this. My sleep would always wake up but the machine would reboot within 15 seconds or so after waking it up every time. That seems to have gone away with darkwake=no which is awesome. Now it's pretty much 100% mac.

The USB and wifi are still a bit sluggish to start working again after waking but that's alright with me.

OS X cannot start up from this disk.

Hello All!

So the x202e-dh31t is my second dual boot but I am having problems installing OSX on its partition I made for it.

I searched and read all 39 pages for a fix but came up with none as well as 2 days of just trying random bits I find on the the web.

Situation:
Windows 8.1 already installed on machine.
1 partition was made for OSX install in format: Mac OS Extended (journaled).

Information on partition MAC: (this is the partition I made for it)

Disk Identifier: disk0s7
Mount Point: /Volumes/MAC
File System: Mac OS Extended Journaled
Connection Bus: SATA
DeviceTree: IODeviceTree:/PCI0@0...
Writable:Yes
Capacity: 105.7gb
Free: 105gb
Owners Enabled:Yes
Can Turn Owners Off: Yes
Can repair permissions: No
Can be verified: yes
Can be repaired: yes
Can be formatted: yes
Bootable: yes
Disk number: 0
Partition number: 7

Hard Drive Info:
Capacity: 500.11 GB
Write Status: Read/Write
SMART status: Verified
Partition Map Scheme: GUID Partition Table

When I go to install on this partition with booting from clover into install is:

"OS X cannot start up from this disk"

I am lost at what to do after trying everything I know. Does anyone have a solution maybe via terminal that can fix my partition? I have 8.1 installed on my laptop and about 13 licensed software installs and I would like to not have to blast my hard drive clean.

Hellllppp! :D

Attachments

• 20140319_102946.jpg
    20140319_102946.jpg
    365.6 KB · Views: 160
Hello All!

So the x202e-dh31t is my second dual boot but I am having problems installing OSX on its partition I made for it.

I searched and read all 39 pages for a fix but came up with none as well as 2 days of just trying random bits I find on the the web.

Situation:
Windows 8.1 already installed on machine.
1 partition was made for OSX install in format: Mac OS Extended (journaled).

Information on partition MAC: (this is the partition I made for it)

Disk Identifier: disk0s7
Mount Point: /Volumes/MAC
File System: Mac OS Extended Journaled
Connection Bus: SATA
DeviceTree: IODeviceTree:/PCI0@0...
Writable:Yes
Capacity: 105.7gb
Free: 105gb
Owners Enabled:Yes
Can Turn Owners Off: Yes
Can repair permissions: No
Can be verified: yes
Can be repaired: yes
Can be formatted: yes
Bootable: yes
Disk number: 0
Partition number: 7

Hard Drive Info:
Capacity: 500.11 GB
Write Status: Read/Write
SMART status: Verified
Partition Map Scheme: GUID Partition Table

When I go to install on this partition with booting from clover into install is:

"OS X cannot start up from this disk"

I am lost at what to do after trying everything I know. Does anyone have a solution maybe via terminal that can fix my partition? I have 8.1 installed on my laptop and about 13 licensed software installs and I would like to not have to blast my hard drive clean.

Hellllppp! :D

I accidentally wiped my HD... haha! If I come up with a work around for this problem in the future for anyone I will post it up. Thanks again for the guide!

Ok, first, this post is awesome, thank you so much for everything in it, especially the guide which made this even remotely possible for me to do. :D

I have finally gotten everything working except for wifi and sound. Oddly, I was watching a youtube video to test sound and it played for a minute or so and then went away when I tried to adjust for higher volume in the Voodoo settings.

Wifi, I am just SOL until I get a diff. card or a dongle b/c I have an Intel Centrino card now.

Has anyone else experienced an inability to shut down in Windows 8.1 when dual booting with ML? When I go to shut down, the screen goes blank but the power button stays lit, and pressing it just turns the screen on to the windows login page.

Also, putting the computer to sleep in ML kicks me back to the clover boot page. So, I'm guessing something is wrong there as well.

I used all the defaults in the guide for kexts and clover.

The screen is not brightness enough. I turned it to max bright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back