Contribute
Register

[Guide] Mountain Lion Installation for Asus Vivobook S200, X202, S400...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey pennywisdom, did you change your Clover's config.plist from the one you posted earlier in that image? If so, could you post it, so I can figure out which autopatches you have enabled? Also, it looks like that patched DSDT you posted has mods to try to make the Fn keys work. Other than the sleep and display toggle, do any of them actually work for you?

If you're referring to a patch that injects "AAPL,has-embedded-fn-keys", this is one of those patches that a lot of people have in their DSDT that is completely ineffective. A hackintosh myth, if you wil...

Hey pennywisdom, did you change your Clover's config.plist from the one you posted earlier in that image? If so, could you post it, so I can figure out which autopatches you have enabled? Also, it looks like that patched DSDT you posted has mods to try to make the Fn keys work. Other than the sleep and display toggle, do any of them actually work for you?

Here's my latest clover config: http://d-h.st/Fgk

As far as Fn keys go, I have those all configured using the elantouchpad kext. so yes all of them work for me. What doesn't work is F1, F2, F3, etc... not that I have ever needed to use them in OS X so I switched it to not need the Fn key pressed to get those functions. Take a look at the kext and how I have it configured: http://d-h.st/zKh

If you're referring to a patch that injects "AAPL,has-embedded-fn-keys", this is one of those patches that a lot of people have in their DSDT that is completely ineffective. A hackintosh myth, if you wil...
Yep, that's the one. I even found forum posts repeating that myth when I was trying to determine what the code did. :crazy: So much bad, wrong or outdated info out there about this stuff.

Here's my latest clover config: http://d-h.st/Fgk

As far as Fn keys go, I have those all configured using the elantouchpad kext. so yes all of them work for me. What doesn't work is F1, F2, F3, etc... not that I have ever needed to use them in OS X so I switched it to not need the Fn key pressed to get those functions. Take a look at the kext and how I have it configured: http://d-h.st/zKh
Thanks a lot! I didn't know that Elan did keyboard stuff too.

edit: I think you may have upgraded Clover or found some new changes so there's still stuff I need to research in it. I'm still using your old config.plist and I've gone through most of the autopatches and determined which ones can be turned off for me.

All of these are set to false now:

AddDTGP_0001
AddMCHC_0008
FakeLPC_0020
FixDisplay_0100
FixHPET_0010
FixSATA_0400
FixSBUS_0080

I haven't tested these being turned off yet but they sounded more important and I'm kind of tired of editing and rebooting over and over for now:

FixDarwin_0002
FixLAN_2000
FixShutdown_0004
FixUSB_1000

This is using a native copy of my DSDT that has been patched.

Yep, that's the one. I even found forum posts repeating that myth when I was trying to determine what the code did. :crazy: So much bad, wrong or outdated info out there about this stuff.

Thanks a lot! I didn't know that Elan did keyboard stuff too.

edit: I think you may have upgraded Clover or found some new changes so there's still stuff I need to research in it. I'm still using your old config.plist and I've gone through most of the autopatches and determined which ones can be turned off for me.

All of these are set to false now:

AddDTGP_0001
AddMCHC_0008
FakeLPC_0020
FixDisplay_0100
FixHPET_0010
FixSATA_0400
FixSBUS_0080

I haven't tested these being turned off yet but they sounded more important and I'm kind of tired of editing and rebooting over and over for now:

FixDarwin_0002
FixLAN_2000
FixShutdown_0004
FixUSB_1000

This is using a native copy of my DSDT that has been patched.

I'm interested in what you're accomplishing... please keep us updated! What model are you using?

I'm interested in what you're accomplishing... please keep us updated! What model are you using?
Looks like the same one as you, the x202e. Full model is X202E-DH31T. I've switched out the network card for the one in the OP and it's changing again to the BCM943225HMB for bluetooth support, once it shows up.

well i finally took the plunge and started this process last week. I bought 10.8.4, unibeasted it to a flash drive, created the clover usb along with the mods to it and updated the bios. But no go for me :banghead:

I can boot up to clover, it sees my unibeast osx usb and when i launch it, it looks like it's getting ready to bring me to the install screen, but it does not. It pauses on a screen and reboots. The last thing i see looks like this :

Mac OS version:
12E55

Kernal version:
Darwin Kernal Version 12.4.0: wed may 1 ....
kernal UUID: 896CB1E3-......
ssystem model name : Macbookair5.1

System uptime in nanoseconds 4564.........

Any help is appreciated. I did google it, search for it, and you guys are my last hope. I'm hoping that wifi chip wasnt a waste.

thanks.
Manny

You need to provide a lot more details. Which machine? What wifi card are you talking about? Which clover USB are you using?

If it's an x202e, your machine should be able to boot a USB flash drive based on the clover image henry has setup in the updated guide of the original post and install Mountain Lion or Mavericks just fine. I didn't update my BIOS though. I also turned off the things in the BIOS he says to until it's installed.

You need to provide a lot more details. Which machine? What wifi card are you talking about? Which clover USB are you using?

Sure. I'll provide whatever you need to assist.

I have the Asus 200e (x202e). I upgraded the BIOS, set all the options according to this doc. I bought the
ATHEROS AR5B195 half mini card.

I followed the instructions from the 1st post in this thread, so this is the clover i grabbed.

A. New guide with 10.8.4 OS X and Clover 1942
1. Download cloverUSB here: click here

Also, I am unable to boot the installation using clover as a bootloader.
Works great using chimera with the flags "GraphicsEnabler=yes", and "IGPlatformID=01660003", does anyone know what the equivalents for clover would be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back