Contribute
Register

[Guide] Mountain Lion Installation for Asus Vivobook S200, X202, S400...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harry,
Realized that the 5B225 (AR9485) is a non-starter with MacOSX. I have gone and bought a 5B125 from ebay. This should work.

Srini

Harry,

I got everything going. Am just waiting for my wireless card from ebay.

I did notice one thing. I removed the initial and shutdown verbose booting by removing the -v from the config.plist file in clover. You may want to add this to your guide.

Srini

i have just re-install my vivobook s200e with mavericks. All seems ok. Only touchpad doesn't work properly: 2 finger scroll not work. Other basic functionality work. I try elan driver 2.8.0, 2.8.3, 3.0.2.

Any ideas?

update: it finally works!

version 3.0.2: i just set slow speed on scrolling slider, and now works. You should include this trick in the guide.

Thanks

today i'm using my new hackintosh, and i found a problem: iMessage doesn't work. Itunes store and mac app store works instead.
The error message invite me to contact customer care:

"
if this is a new Apple ID, you do not need to create another one. To use this Apple ID with iMessage, contact iMessage support with the code below.
Customer Code: [Code here]
"

i follow step 1 and step 3 from this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html
other steps not seems to be applicable, because we are using clover, and (at least to me) seems related to Chameleon stuff.

Any ideas?

today i'm using my new hackintosh, and i found a problem: iMessage doesn't work. Itunes store and mac app store works instead.
The error message invite me to contact customer care:

"
if this is a new Apple ID, you do not need to create another one. To use this Apple ID with iMessage, contact iMessage support with the code below.
Customer Code: [Code here]
"

i follow step 1 and step 3 from this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html
other steps not seems to be applicable, because we are using clover, and (at least to me) seems related to Chameleon stuff.

Any ideas?

Change your password, login with one of your iDevices, then try on the hackintosh.

I would like to avoid chnge password, because i'm also a developer and my appleid is related to other annoying procedures. I read that some people resolved changing password, but other not: seems not a "robust" solution.
There are no alternatives? I I wouldn't broke the installation changing to chameleon for fixing this annoing bug

I would like to avoid chnge password, because i'm also a developer and my appleid is related to other annoying procedures. I read that some people resolved changing password, but other not: seems not a "robust" solution.
There are no alternatives? I I wouldn't broke the installation changing to chameleon for fixing this annoing bug

Try changing your password... it is the only way I know of.

(Note: You should change your password regularly anyway...)

I have an ASUS S400CA... and I've successfully been able to dual boot (finally) :D I only have two problems, the keyboard hotkeys aren't working (Fn keys) and my camera isn't working (I tried camtwist, but I can't figure out how to get it to work with apps like Photo Booth). EDIT: Sleep isn't working all the time either... sometimes I get black screen on wake up (the power button led doesn't go off when this happens) Anyone know how to remedy these? :D

I have an ASUS S400CA... and I've successfully been able to dual boot (finally) :D I only have two problems, the keyboard hotkeys aren't working (Fn keys) and my camera isn't working (I tried camtwist, but I can't figure out how to get it to work with apps like Photo Booth). Anyone know how to remedy these? :D

Mavericks or ML?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back