Contribute
Register

[Guide] Mountain Lion Installation for Asus Vivobook S200, X202, S400...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, HD4000 1366x768?

Assuming you're using Chimera...

Try booting with: IGPlatformID=01660003 GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Yes, resolution is correct. I'm using Clover and I did try adding those, but the issue persists.

Yes, resolution is correct. I'm using Clover and I did try adding those, but the issue persists.

You'll have to look up the equivalent config for Clover HD4000. Those flags are Chimera specific.

You'll have to look up the equivalent config for Clover HD4000. Those flags are Chimera specific.

Okay, thanks for all your help! Will update when I find a solution.

UPDATE: You need to change the name of the folder under kexts from "10.8" to "10.9", if you are installing Mavericks.

i have the Asus S400CA and the kext are already installed.
i see at the top right of screen the volume indicator is seen but and the sound/audio settings are available in System Preferences.
but still no sound.

anyone having a similar case?

Attachments

• osxhackintosh.jpg
    osxhackintosh.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 190
So I updated to Mavericks using Unibeast (thanks bailystein10 for the tip of changing the kext folder from 10.8 to 10.9; I'm also using Clover), and everything is working great except for that my USB ports sometimes won't accept new inputs after the bootloader. Like, I'll have my mouse plugged in from startup and it will work, but not if I plug it in after OS X has loaded. I have the latest GenericUSBXHCI.kext installed. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

UPDATE: I tried installing the USB kext through Multibeast, and that appears to have solved the issue. However, the problem persists where the laptop goes to sleep, but resets upon waking up.

Finally got Maverick installed in my X202E.

I followed basically the same instructions for 10.8.4

The only significant change to these instructions was to rename the folder in the clover usb from \EFI\CLOVER\ketx\10.8 to 10.9

First I tried to install Maverick over my installation of ML 10.8.3, but after running the install I could not boot in the Mac OS X any more. It always complained about drivers for IOPlatformExpert. After trying several tips from different forums, I gave up.

So, I formatted the Mac OS X partition, and installed Maverick from scratch.

Everything seems to be working fine. I had a little bit of trouble getting the audio to work. After a couple of restarts, and by moving the slider for the iMix in the VoodooHDA preferences pane, the audio started working.

Hey all, so I'm trying to get Mavericks going on my S400CA and the installation works flawlessly following this guide (not dualbooting Windows, just using the entire drive for it since I have a 120GB SSD I swap out when I have to do work and such) up until I have to install kexts using KextBeast.

I move them all out to the desktop, move all the apps I need to the deskop, I run KextBeast and it runs for a bit, says it's installing components or whatever, completes and I few seconds after it's done, before I can even get to KextUtility to fix the permissions, I get a panic on the desktop and it reboots. This even happens when I pick and choose some important kexts to install one at a time, because right now I'm on the third install with no ethernet, wifi (I haven't picked up the compatible card yet, I'm waiting until I have some extra cash to jump on that), the wonky touchpad, no battery status, etc.

I try to reboot and it panics again before it can get to the desktop, so I'm working on getting it to run in single user or safe mode to get rid of the kexts I installed, but for some reason it'll recognize that I'm using the -x -S argument but it'll still panic.

Here's what I got
Photo 2013-10-25 00 55 301.jpg

Any kind of help would be ridiculously appreciated.

Hey all, so I'm trying to get Mavericks going on my S400CA and the installation works flawlessly following this guide (not dualbooting Windows, just using the entire drive for it since I have a 120GB SSD I swap out when I have to do work and such) up until I have to install kexts using KextBeast.

I move them all out to the desktop, move all the apps I need to the deskop, I run KextBeast and it runs for a bit, says it's installing components or whatever, completes and I few seconds after it's done, before I can even get to KextUtility to fix the permissions, I get a panic on the desktop and it reboots. This even happens when I pick and choose some important kexts to install one at a time, because right now I'm on the third install with no ethernet, wifi (I haven't picked up the compatible card yet, I'm waiting until I have some extra cash to jump on that), the wonky touchpad, no battery status, etc.

I try to reboot and it panics again before it can get to the desktop, so I'm working on getting it to run in single user or safe mode to get rid of the kexts I installed, but for some reason it'll recognize that I'm using the -x -S argument but it'll still panic.

Here's what I got
View attachment 70984

Any kind of help would be ridiculously appreciated.

Your panic is in AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext. I don't recognize version 1.8, so not sure where that came from. You should remove it.

Your panic is in AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext. I don't recognize version 1.8, so not sure where that came from. You should remove it.

It was included with one of the links in the guide, so I'm not too sure either. Anyway, uninstalled that and I don't have a battery status.

I'm slowly getting things up and running, ethernet works now, the trackpad and keyboard work more or less the way they should, audio is still not working though..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back