Contribute
Register

[Guide] Mountain Lion Installation for Asus Vivobook S200, X202, S400...

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bad, RehabMan; it's the Atheros AR5BHB92 that I'm looking at. I've corrected my original post as well.

Also, from the looks of things it should work out of the box.

My bad, RehabMan; it's the Atheros AR5BHB92 that I'm looking at. I've corrected my original post as well.

Also, from the looks of things it should work out of the box.

Correct. That is AR9280 and is supported natively.

Excellent; thanks RehabMan! Does anybody have experience using a Windows 8 recovery disk created using Asus Backtracker to re-install Windows 8 with partitions?

Just wanted to share a few things I've tried:

I've applied the 10.8.5 combo update with minimal issues. The existing kexts work fine other than the one for USB 3.0. If I use that kext, none of the ports work so I had to delete it and disable it in bios. Then everything works fine at USB 2 speeds.

I've also updated my bios to 210 and had absolutely zero issues. In fact - I've noticed that the computer sleeps differently using this bios version and has completely solved any lockups during sleep. This bios fixed the only issue I've had with Mac. I know many people have had issues with this version but thought I would share my experience.

thanks penny, just tried to update the bios to 210 and re-do the installation of OSX 10.8.5
it seems all kext injection are working specially the sleep and trackpad gesture.

but still the battery drain so fasst and i dont how to resolve this.. hahahah
had tried to search the solution but no luck. tsk.

thanks penny, just tried to update the bios to 210 and re-do the installation of OSX 10.8.5
it seems all kext injection are working specially the sleep and trackpad gesture.

but still the battery drain so fasst and i dont how to resolve this.. hahahah
had tried to search the solution but no luck. tsk.

How long does it last? I get nearly 3 hours from mine.

How long does it last? I get nearly 3 hours from mine.

in win8 it took for 3 to 4 hrs but when i use in OSX it takes for 1.5 to 2hrs :banghead:.
I also noticed that the battery percentage drains fast even though I didn't use the unit.
any suggestion? tia.

@fvl I think I may have figured out our sleep problem... Since we have a patched bios we do not need the Asus power management autopatch, which is enabled by default in Clover's config.plist. disabling it seems to have helped, I haven't had any more problems going to sleep yet.

I haven't looked at this thread for some time. Good to hear that you found a possible fix for our sleep issue. I'm gonna try it after I put my notebook to "sleep" and had the battery drain over night, annoying. I think I had this issue before I patched the bios, that's why I tried the bios patch in the first place. Anyway, I'll post the results in a few days of testing.

Update: I checked and AsusAICPUPM was set to No in my config.plist. The RTC patch was enabled, so I disabled that one instead. Let's hope for the best...

Damn. Well I still have yet to have any sleep problems. I'm pretty sure you and I applied all the same dsdt patches, the only difference is that you started with the one generated by clover. Also, and I don't see why this would matter at all, but I'm using the MacBookAir5,1 and IIRC you said you were using 5,2. FWIW I have AppleRTC patch enabled.

@biliboi there has to be an app or something that's draining it... Either that or your power management isn't working properly. Is there any way you have NullCPUPowerManagement installed?I've seen a few people have problems with super fast battery drain on this computer and it was fixed by a fresh install.

@biliboi there has to be an app or something that's draining it... Either that or your power management isn't working properly. Is there any way you have NullCPUPowerManagement installed?I've seen a few people have problems with super fast battery drain on this computer and it was fixed by a fresh install.

i dont install the NullCPUPowerManagement kext. should i include this? tia

i already tried fresh install the OSX but still the battery drain fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back