Contribute
Register

[Guide] Mountain Lion Installation for Asus Vivobook S200, X202, S400...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't update your bios. Leave it at 206.

Don't update your bios. Leave it at 206.

ok thanks manic..

i wonder whats wrong why i cant use the card reader even though i copied the file you post here and put it to patched folder. its there anything i have to do? tia

SD card reader works.
Here is my DSDT for anyone that wants to use it. Put it in EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched. http://d-h.st/Xja

I'm not sure why it wouldn't be working. Last time I checked mine was working fine. Try playing with the bios settings?

11. Create clover boot using Mac EFI partition- Open EFI Tools Clover EN.app from desktop
- Type g to mount EFI partition as FAT and hit enter
- Follow the instruction to mount EFI partition
- The Mac EFI partition should be under Win8 partition but before Macintosh. It's not the old Microsoft EFI.
If you still see Microsoft EFI and don't see "EFI" something is wrong.

Well, despite installing OSX a dozen different ways, I've not seen OSX create an EFI partition.

Just wanted to share a few things I've tried:

I've applied the 10.8.5 combo update with minimal issues. The existing kexts work fine other than the one for USB 3.0. If I use that kext, none of the ports work so I had to delete it and disable it in bios. Then everything works fine at USB 2 speeds.

I've also updated my bios to 210 and had absolutely zero issues. In fact - I've noticed that the computer sleeps differently using this bios version and has completely solved any lockups during sleep. This bios fixed the only issue I've had with Mac. I know many people have had issues with this version but thought I would share my experience.

Thanks for that, pennywisdom. did you use the standard method of updating the bios?

BTW, the newest version of genericusbxhci should support 10.8.5 I believe.

Greetings,

So I finally got my old Macbook to successfully create a Unibeast USB, and I intend to dual boot my x202e. Does anyone know if the Windows 8 recovery disk I just created using Asus Backtracker will be able to accomplish this the same way as Windows Installer?

Also, is anyone using the Atheros AR5BHB92? I don't want to use the AR5B195 because it does not appear to have dual band support, and that's more important to me than native bluetooth.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

-ThePicardManeuver

Hi everyone

I was following this thread with great interest - have an S400CA (Core i3-2365M so Sandy bridge) and finally decided to go ahead an try to get a MacOS on it. I had Mac OS on my desktop (ASUS mb as well) for quite a while now and its up and running with ML 10.8.5 just fine. I am however new to clover so this installation is the first I am attempting it.

Following the procedure here I realised that the device string injection for graphics card (in OP plist) won't work for me - mine is HD3000. I also changed my WiFi to bcm94322hm8l which works out of the box on Mac (I am happy without build in Bluetooth for the moment). Currently I am not able to boot into installer - and by the looks of it it seems HD3000 is the problem. So I wanted to ask here if anyone successfully installed Mountain Lion on Sandy bridge version of this laptop and if they can share some tips please?

I'll keep tinkering reading things on the guides on various sites -- but so far was not successful yet.

Greetings,

So I finally got my old Macbook to successfully create a Unibeast USB, and I intend to dual boot my x202e. Does anyone know if the Windows 8 recovery disk I just created using Asus Backtracker will be able to accomplish this the same way as Windows Installer?

Also, is anyone using the Atheros A95BHB92? I don't want to use the AR5B195 because it does not appear to have dual band support, and that's more important to me than native bluetooth.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

-ThePicardManeuver

I can't find any information on Atheros A95BHB92. Are you sure you typed it correctly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back