Contribute
Register

[Guide] Mountain Lion Installation for Asus Vivobook S200, X202, S400...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harry/Manic- Thanks for the help. Between your suggestions and re-reading Section A, I was able to get the the installation screen to format the hard drive and install the ML image. Now I've got one more hurdle, that I'm hoping someone can help with.

When I get to the end of Step 7, which is to reboot after installing the image to the hard drive, I get error below after the reboot. Here's what I know:
  1. Same configuration files from Clover that allowed me to format the hard drive
  2. Hard drive formatted as Mac OS Extended (journaled) with GUID partition
  3. Hard drive shows up in BIOS, under SATA configuration
  4. Hard drive does not show up as an available 'boot option' under that tab.

Thoughts?

Harry/Manic- Thanks for the help. Between your suggestions and re-reading Section A, I was able to get the the installation screen to format the hard drive and install the ML image. Now I've got one more hurdle, that I'm hoping someone can help with.

When I get to the end of Step 7, which is to reboot after installing the image to the hard drive, I get error below after the reboot. Here's what I know:
  1. Same configuration files from Clover that allowed me to format the hard drive
  2. Hard drive formatted as Mac OS Extended (journaled) with GUID partition
  3. Hard drive shows up in BIOS, under SATA configuration
  4. Hard drive does not show up as an available 'boot option' under that tab.

Thoughts?

Umm, which cloverUSB.zip did you download?
From the boot args in your kernel panic screen shot and from the kexts screen shot you attached earlier, it seems like you are using the clover version in my old guide from the older thread.
You can't use the files from the old guides with the new guide because they have different configurations and kexts. Don't mixed up between the old guide with the new guide.
If you have extra kexts, or missing kexts it might cause kernel panic too for two different configurations.
Your screenshot also doesn't show the first part of the kernel panic, so it's hard for me to tell what is wrong too.

Try to read Section A again, and download cloverUSB from section A (there is a link there), re-create the clover USB from scratch.
And boot into OS X using the new clover USB. It should work, you don't need to reinstall OS X.
The new setup and new clover version are better which fixed many issues, so I recommend you to use it.

To answer your #4, the hard drive will not show up as a boot option (because of UEFI boot stuff) until you go through the steps to make a boot partition using EFI partition and move clover stuff there - read all the way to step 13 or so, you know what I meant.

my s400 runs great! unfortunately, is not just a webcam. (Facetime and photobooth).
please help.
wuptig

hi wuptig:
is the webcam the only thing not working? anything else not working?
i have the Asus S400CA as well.

installed new elan 2.8 kext and find it as good thing because 3 and 4 fingers seems working.
but still needed some adjustment and tweaks.

also the installed touch screen driver and tested.

btw, have anyone got working on the bluetooth?
i'm still using the default bluetooth of X202E.

and its there any work around about the battery? it seems the X202E battery drains fast on Mac OS.

and the usb3, i dont know to resolve this. i cant activate it. :p

F1 - F12 (fn) and card reader, how can i activate this? hahahah

installed new elan 2.8 kext and find it as good thing because 3 and 4 fingers seems working.
but still needed some adjustment and tweaks.

also the installed touch screen driver and tested.

btw, have anyone got working on the bluetooth?
i'm still using the default bluetooth of X202E.

and its there any work around about the battery? it seems the X202E battery drains fast on Mac OS.

and the usb3, i dont know to resolve this. i cant activate it. :p

F1 - F12 (fn) and card reader, how can i activate this? hahahah

For USB3.0, try this:
Install this kext: USB3 kext - 0701: Check it here
Turn off XHCI mode in BIOS!
Advanced > USB Configuration > XHCI Pre-Boot Mode [Disabled] - This needs to be set to "Auto" for USB3.0 to work.​

For bluetooth, you need to find out which bluetooth you have and look for the driver if there is one. If you still have Windows 8, you can find out there or read step 8 in under section 8 to look for device ID and google it.

For F1 - F12, I think if you play with Elan driver, you can get it to work. I remember someone mentioned in this thread.

I completely forgot about the card reader, so I didn't play with it. I no longer have the laptop. Sorry.

I have some troubles with my Clover bootloader, how do I enable logging, so that I can see where the kernel panic is occurring?

P.S.
  • I've enabled <key>DebugLog</key> in the config.plist, but this causes the system to stop loading before I get to the kernel panic point.
  • I've also enabled 'systemlog' in refit.conf, but this didn't help either.

I have some troubles with my Clover bootloader, how do I enable logging, so that I can see where the kernel panic is occurring?

P.S.
  • I've enabled <key>DebugLog</key> in the config.plist, but this causes the system to stop loading before I get to the kernel panic point.
  • I've also enabled 'systemlog' in refit.conf, but this didn't help either.

Umm, did you read my reply to your yesterday post in which you should use the new Clover version in section A with the new guide?

Anyway, to answer your question, you can save logs by pressing F2 on the clover GUI.
Here are the keyboard shortcuts: http://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/wiki/GUI Elements/

If we could please start with some clarification on STEP 4, Thanks
4. Skip to step 5 if you don't need to install Windows 8
- Create two partitions
- one for Windows 8 and one for OS X (it also creates 3 other small partitions by itself, if you don't see this, something is wrong)
- Now install Windows 8 to the first partition

1. Exactly what disk utility are we to be using? FDISK? DSIKPART? Windows Setup? OSX Disk Utility?
2. How should we set up the partitions? HFS+, FAT32, NTFS?
3. If I'm looking to dual boot Windows 8 and OSX, which should I install first?

Thanks

Update: THANKS FOR THE UPDATED GUIDE!!!

For USB3.0, try this:
Install this kext: USB3 kext - 0701: Check it here
Turn off XHCI mode in BIOS!
Advanced > USB Configuration > XHCI Pre-Boot Mode [Disabled] - This needs to be set to "Auto" for USB3.0 to work.​

For bluetooth, you need to find out which bluetooth you have and look for the driver if there is one. If you still have Windows 8, you can find out there or read step 8 in under section 8 to look for device ID and google it.

For F1 - F12, I think if you play with Elan driver, you can get it to work. I remember someone mentioned in this thread.

I completely forgot about the card reader, so I didn't play with it. I no longer have the laptop. Sorry.

thanks harry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back