Contribute
Register

[Guide] Mountain Lion Installation for Asus Vivobook S200, X202, S400...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I think it MAY to do with our DSDT edits, they are pretty much the same. Were you having that problem before you used the DSDT and patched bios? Here are my bios settings:
Fast boot: enabled
Launch CSM: Disabled
Graphics Memory: 64mb

I was wondering about voodoohda as well. It doesn't seem to work very well on this notebook. I was checking some masters in my car yesterday and although out hasn't been noticeable with normal usage, pro tools sounded super distorted.

BTW the new elan touchpad update has drastically improved the touchpad. Multi touch gestures work much better now.

Try disabling fast boot for a while untill you have sleep issues (or not in which case you can wait forever :lol:).

I'll try that. I left it on because I don't like disabling things that have the word fast in the name lol

What is the current status of the project?

What is working on the S400?

What is the current status of the project?

What is working on the S400?

Do you have both a Lenovo S400 and a Asus Vivobook S400?

Hey fellas, I have the X202e and ran into a bit of a snag installing ML 10.8 using Clover.

I get up to the Apple install screen where you select 'repair, new install, etc.', but the touchpad won't drive the cursor around the screen. I can use the tab keys to select one of the options, but I figured I better get the touchpad working before I get much further.

The install guide on clover mentions selecting the option for "without caches" to allow the keyboard and touchpad to work properly. When I choose this option, the touchpad still doesn't work, although I do get a rather colorful spinning ball :beachball: that never goes away :banghead:

Ideas? Advice?

P.S. I posted this question in the old thread, forgetting that this thread was newer.....sorries

That's really strange, which version of the elan touchpad kext did you use?

That's really strange, which version of the elan touchpad kext did you use?
Not sure where the elan kext file is. I used the CloverUSB.zip from Harry's new thread and didn't make any changes to the files inside.

Here's the files inside of the "kext/10.8" directory.

Okay that's why it's not working. There are 3 links Harry posted for voodoohda, elan touchpad, and usb3. So in addition to those you should have voodoohda, genericusbxhci, appleelantouchpad, and appleps2controller. Also, delete voodoops2controller, I don't know where that came from. In the guide it says to use the 2.7.5 elan touchpad kext but 2.8 is out so use that one.

Not sure where the elan kext file is. I used the CloverUSB.zip from Harry's new thread and didn't make any changes to the files inside.

Here's the files inside of the "kext/10.8" directory.

You need to read everything in the OP especially section A.
If you miss something, you might run into problems.
Using my zip file alone is not enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back