Contribute
Register

[Guide] Mountain Lion Installation for Asus Vivobook S200, X202, S400...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slow shutdown times are an issue on real macs as well. There are a few deamons which prevent shutdown, untill they eventually timeout. You can read this thread for a workaround (second post, I haven't tried the app from the first post):
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1589712
Basically they reduce the timeout of some daemons to 1 or 2 seconds.

Ps. I have never noticed this donk sound (system beep?) when I shutdown my laptop

I can confirm that it doesn't make the sound on a normal shutdown, only when I use the key command. I really wish apple would fix the slow shutdown bug in mavericks though, it started in lion and got progressively worse.

I can confirm that it doesn't make the sound on a normal shutdown, only when I use the key command. I really wish apple would fix the slow shutdown bug in mavericks though, it started in lion and got progressively worse.

how slow is your shutdown? mine is 3 or 4 seconds. Using an SSD but it looks like you are too.

Sometimes 3-4 seconds, sometimes 30+. My desktop is about the same. My mbp is the worst, sometimes up to 1:30

Anyone done a fresh, no bloatware install of windows 8? I can't get the touchpad enable/disable button to work. Tried all the keyboard, touchpad, and chipset drivers from the asus website. The Vivobook app has a switch for the touchpad but that's also non-functional. I used Windows 8 Pro instead of the regular one, I don't think that would make a difference as far as a button on the keyboard goes... all the other function keys work fine.

So...I am looking at installing this on my machine. Is the OP updated with all the tweaks discovered in this thread?

No, it have been updated yet. I would follow that guide in the op first, then when you have everything up and running and then try the tweaks in the rest of the thread.

Still having a problem with the computer refusing to sleep intermittently. The screen goes black but the power light stays lit and the only option is to hold down the power button. Anyone else?

Also, the 2.8 elan touchpad driver is out now.

Still having a problem with the computer refusing to sleep intermittently. The screen goes black but the power light stays lit and the only option is to hold down the power button. Anyone else?

I haven't heard of anyone else who has this problem, but us. Can you check your bios settings for:
- Fast boot (disabled)
- Launch CSM (disabled), and
- Graphics memory (64 Mb)?

I changed them and I think my sleep issues are gone, although I am not 100% sure.

My other guess would be that VoodooHDA is responsible, but I didn't continue with that AppleHDA kext yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back