Contribute
Register

[Guide] Mountain Lion Installation for Asus Vivobook S200, X202, S400...

Status
Not open for further replies.
SD card reader works.
Here is my DSDT for anyone that wants to use it. Put it in EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched. http://d-h.st/Xja

I think my trouble with sleep not working intermittently had to do with me disabling cores to save battery life (you can do this within the preferences in Xcode.app/Contents/Applications/Instruments.app)

So this file makes everything work except sound and wifi? That's pretty amazing! Are there any kext files needed with this on a clean install?

So this file makes everything work except sound and wifi? That's pretty amazing! Are there any kext files needed with this on a clean install?

You will need kexts for (at least)
- touchpad
- ethernet
- audio
- wifi
- usb3

I got lid sleep working as well now. I also made a patch which can be used with MaciASL. I also needed to tick some of the DSDT fixes in Clover (not sure which ones, I just ticked them all, not necessary with a properly patched DSDT). Thanks a lot dpg12! I was wondering if we could also fix other things with this. There are a few more calls to the RPIN and SPIN methods.

Code:
# Lid sleep fix for Asus x202e (and maybe other Asus laptops?)
# Define new methods. These are required for AppleACPIPlatform 10.8.4 and up.
into device label EC0 insert
begin
Method (ECCM, 4, Serialized)\n
{\n
    If (ECAV ())\n
    {\n
        Acquire (MUEC, 0xFFFF)\n
            Store (Arg0, CDT1)\n
            Store (Arg1, CDT2)\n
            Store (Arg2, CDT3)\n
            Store (Arg3, CMD1)\n
            Store (0x7F, Local0)\n
            While (LAnd (Local0, CMD1))\n
            {\n
                Sleep (One)\n
                    Decrement (Local0)\n
            }\n
\n
        If (LEqual (CMD1, Zero))\n
        {\n
            Store (CDT1, Local0)\n
        }\n
        Else\n
        {\n
            Store (Ones, Local0)\n
        }\n
\n
        Release (MUEC)\n
            Return (Local0)\n
    }\n
\n
    Return (Ones)\n
}\n
\n
Method (RPUN, 1, Serialized)\n
{\n
    Return (ECCM (0x87, Zero, Arg0, 0xB6))\n
}\n
\n
Method (SPUN, 2, Serialized)\n
{\n
    If (Arg1)\n
    {\n
        ECCM (0x87, 0x20, Arg0, 0xB6)\n
    }\n
    Else\n
    {\n
        ECCM (0x87, 0x40, Arg0, 0xB6)\n
    }\n
}\n
end;

# Use newly defined methods to enable lid sleep
into method label GLID code_regex RPIN replaceall_matched begin RPUN end;
into method label _LID code_regex RPIN replaceall_matched begin RPUN end;
# Enable Fn+F7 to turn on/off display
into method label _Q10 code_regex RPIN replaceall_matched begin RPUN end;
into method label _Q10 code_regex SPIN replaceall_matched begin SPUN end;

The current ST87 method only works if you use an older AppleACPIPlatform (you don't want to do that) or a newer one (you can't do that). I reverted the RPUN and SPUN changes in my DSDT since I don't need them anymore but it sounds like you do for the time being.

Why don't you need this DSDT patch anymore? We need it with the latest version of AppleACPIPlatform. Are you using an older version?

I got lid sleep working as well now. I also made a patch which can be used with MaciASL.

Thanks!

I was wondering if we could also fix other things with this. There are a few more calls to the RPIN and SPIN methods.

I only looked at changing the things I could see were broken. I did replace all RPIN and SPIN calls with the fixed equivalents and never really noticed a difference. I guess it's worth changing ACPS (returns one if AC adapter is plugged in) and DCPS to use RPUN which meant I could devise a workaround in my _WAK to fix my buggy charger detection when I wake from sleep:

Code:
        If (LNotEqual (\_SB.PCI0.SBRG.EC0.ACPS (), \_SB.ACPF))
        {
            \_SB.PCI0.SBRG.EC0._QA0 ()
        }

I need the above because if I go to sleep while charging and I then pull out the charger, the laptop thinks it's still charging when I wake it up. It may be because I'm dropping SSDTs but I'm inclined to think it's not.

There's also lots of things that could be changed. If you look at the DSDT, you'll see direct calls to ST87. These will fail just like RPIN does. Then there's lots of other functions that work just like ST87 (only the values that they store differ) that will also fail: ST83, ST84, ST85, ST86, ST95, ST9F and many more.

Why don't you need this DSDT patch anymore? We need it with the latest version of AppleACPIPlatform. Are you using an older version?

I'll have to leave it at what was already said.

I keep getting stuck at the login screen without my keyboard and mouse working. 3 times in a row now. This is from a cold boot. I'm typing this from Arch right now. I'm sure it will start working again eventually but it just happened out of nowhere, idk why.

Edit: Yeah, I just tried it about 5 or 6 more times, no luck. Doesn't work in single user mode either.

Edit 2: Booted into arch and put the elan touchpad kexts on the EFI partition, then booted back into OS X and the touchpad and keyboard worked. the owner of the Info.plist was wrong inside both ApplePS2ElanTouchpad and ApplePS2Keyboard due to me editing it and forgetting to set permissions. I don't know why I was able to use it over several reboots without it causing a problem.

I think we can get USB3 to work natively with a DSDT patch, I believe there's a way to change the device ID in the DSDT.

I think we can get USB3 to work natively with a DSDT patch, I believe there's a way to change the device ID in the DSDT.

Have you tried GenericUSBXHCI?

Yeah, that's what I'm using, it works just fine. I just think it would be cool to get it working with the native kext. Not really a priority though.

Do any of you get a "donk" type sound when clicking shutdown? I hear this sound most times when I go to shutdown like I am pressing a wrong key in an application. The system still shuts down, but just makes this noise before doing it. I don't remember it doing that when I first setup the system so maybe it is something I have installed.

I have also noticed that the shutdown process takes longer and I get the beach ball sometimes, but it still shuts down after a little bit.

Any thoughts?

I get that "donk" sound too when I shut down, I pretty much always shut down with cmd+opt+Ctrl f12 though. I assumed it was just from me holding down the keys. I don't remember if it does it shutting down normally. Shoot down takes forever for me too, but no longer than any other Mac running (really wish some would fix that bug). I don't recall getting any beach balls though, just the white screen takes a long time before it turns off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back