Contribute
Register

[Guide] Mountain Lion Installation for Asus Vivobook S200, X202, S400...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what happened, but my computer no longer goes to sleep at all. the screen turns black and then it does nothing and I have to force shut it down. This was not happening earlier today, and I haven't changed the dsdt or anything like that.

Thank you for that, I don't know how to use that patch in MaciASL though. When I paste it into the patch section or make a text file with it and import the text file, nothing comes up in the lower box.

Sorry, it's a diff (a malformed one at that since I never bothered to recreate it when I found out the proper way...) instead of being a DSDT patch in the format MaciASL expects... I don't know how to create patches for it (and looking at RehabMan's patches, it seems I'd need to know regex to do more advanced things, which I do not. *shrugs* I'm not a programmer :)).

The best I can do is go through it:

Inside your DSDT, search for "RPIN," and you should find the RPIN method. On the blank line between the curly brace denominating the end of the RPIN method and the line with the next Method (which is RBAT in my case), paste in the following:

Code:
        Method (ECCM, 4, Serialized)
        {
            If (ECAV ())
            {
                Acquire (MUEC, 0xFFFF)
                Store (Arg0, CDT1)
                Store (Arg1, CDT2)
                Store (Arg2, CDT3)
                Store (Arg3, CMD1)
                Store (0x7F, Local0)
                While (LAnd (Local0, CMD1))
                {
                    Sleep (One)
                    Decrement (Local0)
                }

If (LEqual (CMD1, Zero))
                {
                    Store (CDT1, Local0)
                }
                Else
                {
                    Store (Ones, Local0)
                }

Release (MUEC)
                Return (Local0)
            }

Return (Ones)
        }

Method (RPUN, 1, Serialized)
        {
            Return (ECCM (0x87, Zero, Arg0, 0xB6))
        }

Method (SPUN, 2, Serialized)
        {
            If (Arg1)
            {
                ECCM (0x87, 0x20, Arg0, 0xB6)
            }
            Else
            {
                ECCM (0x87, 0x40, Arg0, 0xB6)
            }
        }

Next, search for "GLID, " and when you find the GLID method that calls RPIN, change RPIN to RPUN. Search for "_LID," and do the same there.

Next, to get Fn+F7 turning your display on/off, search for "_Q10," and in that function change RPIN to RPUN and SPIN to SPUN.

I'm not sure what happened, but my computer no longer goes to sleep at all. the screen turns black and then it does nothing and I have to force shut it down. This was not happening earlier today, and I haven't changed the dsdt or anything like that.

If you haven't applied it already, use the RTC fix: https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch/blob/master/02_DSDTPatch.txt#L95

OK thanks, I'll just search for them manually. Yeah idk what's up with the sleep thing now. I have the rtc patch. All I know is it was working fine earlier and now it's not.

All I know is it was working fine earlier and now it's not.

You might want to try booting with Chimera/Chameleon for a bit. Asus laptop UEFI implementations tend to suck - on my laptop sleep doesn't work under any OS in UEFI mode and I've read stories of other (more recent than mine) laptops crashing when the charger is taken out after an hour and so on...

I repaired disk permissions, did a normal reboot and it seems to be working fine now...

@dpg12, I used that patch and lid sleep works now! Thank you for your help.

So I think we only have applehda left right? Oh am I the only one that has to use the context menu key instead of the function key? I might have accidentally changed something on the config file on accident.

Good question. I haven't checked. I'll find my sd card when I get home and test it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back