Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Z50-70/Z40-70 using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, it was like one week or two i didn't boot up on my OSX partition and now the fan speed are always on max and the pc shut down after a moment. PLS HELP! and btw on windows fan work great :(
Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

If you’ve damaged your EFI partition I’m not so sure you can do anything. Best to start from scratch, if you’re using two drives plug them in and install macOS, then install Windows after it. Use Linux to add macOS boot entry to your UEFI boot menu.
It is all covered in RehabMan’s Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

hi braveknight, i was able to fix my EFI partition. i used a usb installer and was able to get to the clover bootloader, i saw my mac partition and booted off it. once in mac os, unplugged usb installer and mounted my damaged EFI partition and true enough, it has windows and acronis folders. so, i reinserted my usb installer and compared them side by side, and deleted those that shouldnt be there. after that, installed clover again on my hdd's EFI, rebooted, then i got my clover bootloader on hdd back.

braveknight, rehabman, i was just wondering, does this guide also use DSDT or SSDT? i remember, when i hackintoshed my old desktop that i needed a DSDT. but with this guide, i guess it's already included in braveknight's repo? in github?

are DSDT's unique to each system? or as long as motherboard model is the same, you can use other people's DSDT?

thanks

braveknight, rehabman, i was just wondering, does this guide also use DSDT or SSDT? i remember, when i hackintoshed my old desktop that i needed a DSDT. but with this guide, i guess it's already included in braveknight's repo? in github?

are DSDT's unique to each system? or as long as motherboard model is the same, you can use other people's DSDT?

thanks
This guide dynamically patches ACPI using Clover + add on SSDTs. There is no need to manually patch native DSDT/SSDTs manually...

This guide dynamically patches ACPI using Clover + add on SSDTs. There is no need to manually patch native DSDT/SSDTs manually...
How do you do that with other laptops? I bought a dell m3800, the guide i'm reading mentioned dsdt, how can i make installation similar to the one for z50-70?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back