Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Z50-70/Z40-70 using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A big thank you to thebraveknight and RehabMan for continuing support here.

I upgraded from Yosemite straight to Sierra (after a few test with usb-stick configs beforehand) using the Appstore.
It actually worked, some restarts in between and graphic flickering on boot but it finally went there. Thank you again.

I only use the Z50 for OSX and have no patched BIOS (so no internal WIFI, OK)

I have thus disabled WIFI and discrete graphics in BIOS to save battery life. (lasts only about 2hrs still)
This is not as per guide - my question here is would you recommend enabling those and running the scripts again?

Brightness Keys dont work anymore but it can be set using the slider in display preferences.

CPU (about...) shows 2.39ghz no matter what is set in config.plist.

Sleep on LID close works better than before. (Press key to wakeup)

And finally, which BIOS version are you using ?
If you don't have a working Wi-Fi chip then it doesn't matter whether you enable it in BIOS or not. But you should keep the discrete graphics enabled in BIOS as per the guide, it should be disabled by the patches when booting macOS.

Brightness keys should work if you followed the guide correctly, read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

hi braveknight and rehabman, finally received my BCM943602BAED and removed whitelist on my bios, booted up el capitan and wifi worked instantly, it displays it as airport extreme. thank you!

having problems with bluetooth though, trying to connect my BT mouse and keyboard, it could not see it.

thanks

hi braveknight and rehabman, finally received my BCM943602BAED and removed whitelist on my bios, booted up el capitan and wifi worked instantly, it displays it as airport extreme. thank you!

having problems with bluetooth though, trying to connect my BT mouse and keyboard, it could not see it.

thanks

No "Problem Reporting" files (read post #1).
Did you connect all antenna leads?

My keyboard and trackpad aren't functioning properly. how can I fix them? I'm currently using USB keyboard and mouse. i included the patchmatic report in this post
edit: I screenshotted the terminal command outputs: http://imgur.com/a/OUdEX
edit 2: looks like I did the patchmatic part wrong. I'm gonna reupload it. (I assumed that the correct folder has a bunch of ssdt.aml files)

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    40.3 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
To follow up: I reenabled discrete graphics in bios, and also the fn/brightness keys are now working again.
I dont know how this is related technically, but thanks again to the-braveknight for pointing this out.
(The only issue so far being the (unsolved per FAQ) crashing of activity monitor)

My keyboard and trackpad aren't functioning properly. how can I fix them? I'm currently using USB keyboard and mouse. i included the patchmatic report in this post
edit: I screenshotted the terminal command outputs: http://imgur.com/a/OUdEX
edit 2: looks like I did the patchmatic part wrong. I'm gonna reupload it. (I assumed that the correct folder has a bunch of ssdt.aml files)
Not all the requested files are provided, please read post #1, "Problem Reporting", carefully.

Not all the requested files are provided, please read post #1, "Problem Reporting", carefully.

I think I was missing the IOReg file and the clover folder. They are attached to this post :)

Attachments

• My IOReg.ioreg
    3.5 MB · Views: 63
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 66
Last edited:
I think I was missing the IOReg file and the clover folder. They are attached to this post :)
Everything looks good as far as I can tell, you might want to be more specific about your issue.

Did you test you trackpad/keyboard on Windows?

Attachments

• trackpad preferences.png
    trackpad preferences.png
    20.1 KB · Views: 86
No "Problem Reporting" files (read post #1).
Did you connect all antenna leads?

i did, black on black triangle. gray on gray tirangle. or should i have connected it to the white triangle?

Attachments

• IMG_1296.jpg
    IMG_1296.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 91
  • IMG_1297.jpg
    IMG_1297.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 78
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 67
  • MrRoboto’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    2 MB · Views: 80
  • RehabMan.zip