Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Z50-70/Z40-70 using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Rehabman/OP,

Could you please explain why this Guide dont require a DSDT patch as i can you have mentioned in the guide as while executing make and make install it will patch the DSDT and SSDT

But i can see that in the ACPI folder under Clover configuation there are only SSDT related patches....can anybody explain....why we dont require a DSDT here ??

This guide uses ACPI hotpatch. Instead of extracting OEM DSDT/SSDTs and patching them and placing them on disk (static patching), the OEM ACPI bits that are in memory are patched by Clover and along with additional SSDTs, the same thing is accomplished but without having pre-patched files sitting on the disk in ACPI/patched.

You can read about the technique in my guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-using-clover-to-hotpatch-acpi.200137/

Hi Rehabman/OP,

Could you please explain why this Guide dont require a DSDT patch as i can you have mentioned in the guide as while executing make and make install it will patch the DSDT and SSDT

But i can see that in the ACPI folder under Clover configuation there are only SSDT related patches....can anybody explain....why we dont require a DSDT here ??
No manually patched DSDT is required. Clover auto patches the DSDT with the help of extra SSDTs such that all ACPI patching is done on-the-fly.

No manually patched DSDT is required. Clover auto patches the DSDT with the help of extra SSDTs such that all ACPI patching is done on-the-fly.

So you mean to say i have to to patch the DSDT separately and place under the ACPI patched folder ???

So you mean to say i have to to patch the DSDT separately and place under the ACPI patched folder ???

No. Definitely not. All ACPI patches are already done via config.plist and the SSDTs installed by following this guide.

No. Definitely not. All ACPI patches are already done via config.plist and the SSDTs installed by following this guide.

Thanks for clarifying this !!! :)

Since this is a Lenovo post, let me ask and please dont refer to the vender as i want to be hackintosh related, what is the difference between these two laptops, Lenovo z50 and lenovo z50-70, at the shop theres z50 only, i wanted to purchase HP elitebook 840 G3 5th Generation but seems to have no hackintosh support and screen is not 1080p as i want the hackbook for Logic pro and video editing, so please help me here identify the difference between the Lenovo Z50 and Z50-70 or i go for a Hp 840 G3 and upgrade the screen to 1080p? RehabMan, i wont do the lenovo L540 anymore, so please with all due respect i will appreciate if you direct me to a right laptop/hackbook mostly for my kind of job logic and video,without redirecting me to some subforum please only hackintosh. Thank you in advance.
Nb. Wifi and bluetooth not a burden to me at all, all i need is stability.

Since this is a Lenovo post, let me ask and please dont refer to the vender as i want to be hackintosh related, what is the difference between these two laptops, Lenovo z50 and lenovo z50-70, at the shop theres z50 only, i wanted to purchase HP elitebook 840 G3 5th Generation but seems to have no hackintosh support and screen is not 1080p as i want the hackbook for Logic pro and video editing, so please help me here identify the difference between the Lenovo Z50 and Z50-70 or i go for a Hp 840 G3 and upgrade the screen to 1080p? RehabMan, i wont do the lenovo L540 anymore, so please with all due respect i will appreciate if you direct me to a right laptop/hackbook mostly for my kind of job logic and video,without redirecting me to some subforum please only hackintosh. Thank you in advance.

It appears all Lenovo Z50 with Intel Haswell CPUs are Z50-70.

Last edited:
It appears all Lenovo Z50 are Haswell laptops.
thanks buddy, i am tone between lenovo z50 and this cute looking HP Elitebook 840 G3 or G2 i can replace the screen with 1080p IPS glossy on laptop screens website, any suggestions sir?

There are two types of Lenovo Z50:
1- Lenovo Z50-70 with an Intel Haswell CPU.
2- Lenovo Z50-75 with an AMD CPU.

Of course, you won't want to get an AMD laptop since it cannot run macOS.

There are two types of Lenovo Z50:
1- Lenovo Z50-70 with an Intel Haswell CPU.
2- Lenovo Z50-75 with an AMD CPU.

Of course, you won't want to get an AMD laptop since it cannot run macOS.
for sure what i am looking at is a Lenovo Z50 but not Z50 - 70 and its an i7 8gb, nvidia gt 860 and an Hp 840 G3
Intel® Core™ i7-6600U Processor of which is skylake but looks cool, i dont know if skylake is stable on a hack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back