Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Z50-70/Z40-70 using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So ... I just want to say, that with a normal HDD everything is working right now. I am really impressed by what you put together here. And I am also impressed by all the help.
The BIOS Update did nothing for me and the SSD. After the BIOS Update the SSD showed up in the BIOS itself, but later the OS Installer didn't recognised the SSD and after reboot the BIOS also won´t recognise the SSD. So, this is still a minor problem I hope to fix next week. Also the new and updated repo worked very very well and smooth. Just WOW! Tomorrow I hope to install my WIFI and remove the Whitelist. So far ... thank you very much!
I will update the progress with my SSD.

It looks to me that your SSD is the problem, not the BIOS or the OS.

I don't really know what should be done in order to boot from 2 drives, but what I did for BIOS is basically:
1- Updated to final v91 BIOS.
2- Created a BIOS backup/dump
3- Made a post in bios-mods.com
4- Once I got the patched files from bios-mods.com, I reverted back to v26 BIOS and used the 'sleep bug' to flash the patched v91 BIOS.

hi braveknight,

why did you have to update to v91 first? the guide on the link you provided does not have this step. is it so, your bios would be v91 but whitelist is removed?

if yes, then does it mean, it really doesn't matter which bios version you're using, wifi card would work after flashing patched bios, just as long as when you flash the patched bios, you NEED to be on v26?

thanks

can i flash your patched v91 bios? or it should be patched from my bios copy?

hi braveknight,

why did you have to update to v91 first? the guide on the link you provided does not have this step. is it so, your bios would be v91 but whitelist is removed?

if yes, then does it mean, it really doesn't matter which bios version you're using, wifi card would work after flashing patched bios, just as long as when you flash the patched bios, you NEED to be on v26?

thanks

can i flash your patched v91 bios? or it should be patched from my bios copy?

It doesn't matter what BIOS version you use, I went with v91 because of the updated Lenovo logo only xD
v91 BIOS didn't have the 'sleep bug', so I had to dump it, patch it, go back to v26 and flash the patched v91 BIOS. If you're still on v26, it's totally OK... I can't really provide my BIOS dump; it contains system-specific data like the serial number, Windows license, etc...

It doesn't matter what BIOS version you use, I went with v91 because of the updated Lenovo logo only xD
v91 BIOS didn't have the 'sleep bug', so I had to dump it, patch it, go back to v26 and flash the patched v91 BIOS. If you're still on v26, it's totally OK... I can't really provide my BIOS dump; it contains system-specific data like the serial number, Windows license, etc...

Thanks for the HDA patch! :D

I get this error.

KernelCache ID: 287A45F900B992954CE5A8DB56F96E92

symlink("/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel", "/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache") failed 17 (File exists) <createPrelinkedKernel 2795>

after executing:

./install_downloads.sh

This script requires superuser access...

Installing tools...

installing RehabMan-MaciASL-2016-0423/MaciASL.app to /Applications

Password:

installing RehabMan-patchmatic-2016-0312/patchmatic to /usr/bin

installing iasl/iasl to /usr/bin

Installing kexts...

installing RehabMan-Battery-2016-0628/Release/ACPIBatteryManager.kext to /Library/Extensions

installing RehabMan-BrcmPatchRAM-2016-0705/Release/BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext to /Library/Extensions

installing RehabMan-BrcmPatchRAM-2016-0705/Release/BrcmNonPatchRAM2.kext to /Library/Extensions

installing RehabMan-BrcmPatchRAM-2016-0705/Release/BrcmPatchRAM2.kext to /Library/Extensions

installing RehabMan-FakePCIID-2016-0820/Release/FakePCIID.kext to /Library/Extensions

installing RehabMan-FakePCIID-2016-0820/Release/FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext to /Library/Extensions

installing RehabMan-FakePCIID-2016-0820/Release/FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext to /Library/Extensions

installing RehabMan-FakeSMC-2016-0908/FakeSMC.kext to /Library/Extensions

installing RehabMan-FakeSMC-2016-0908/HWMonitor.app to /Applications

installing RehabMan-IntelBacklight-2016-0506/Release/IntelBacklight.kext to /Library/Extensions

installing RehabMan-Realtek-Network-v2-2015-1230/Release/RealtekRTL8111.kext to /Library/Extensions

installing RehabMan-USBInjectAll-2016-0907/Release/USBInjectAll.kext to /Library/Extensions

installing RehabMan-Voodoo-2016-0616/Release/VoodooPS2Controller.kext to /Library/Extensions

installing BrcmPatchRAM2.kext to /Library/Extensions

installing BrcmNonPatchRAM2.kext to /Library/Extensions

installing USBInjectAll.kext to /Library/Extensions

installing VoodooPS2Controller.kext to /Library/Extensions

Creating AppleHDA_CX20751.kext... Done.

Creating AppleHDAHCD_CX20751.kext... Done.

installing AppleHDAHCD_CX20751.kext to /Library/Extensions

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Mouse.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Controller.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext USBInjectAll.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext RealtekRTL8111.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext IntelBacklight.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext AppleHDAHCD_CX20751.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIBatteryManager.kext

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67054 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA12 for kext AppleHDA.kext

KernelCache ID: 287A45F900B992954CE5A8DB56F96E92

symlink("/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel", "/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache") failed 17 (File exists) <createPrelinkedKernel 2795>

Last edited:
Thanks for the HDA patch! :D

I get this error.

after executing:
I don't understand. What's the problem? :/

This is not an error, this happens only on Sierra (don't know why) but it's not a problem.

So, a quick note about my SSD. I used the SSD that refused to work with the Lenovo and placed it in my current Hackintosh Desktop and used the one from the Desktop Hack in the Lenovo. So an exchange! This way both SSD are working. So the issue was that this particular SSD in combination with the Lenovo won´t work. The SSD itself is ok. The new SSD works with the BIOS v26.
Now, if anyone could have a look in the WhiteList Removal thread to help me a bit in that case would be kind.

So, a quick note about my SSD. I used the SSD that refused to work with the Lenovo and placed it in my current Hackintosh Desktop and used the one from the Desktop Hack in the Lenovo. So an exchange! This way both SSD are working. So the issue was that this particular SSD in combination with the Lenovo won´t work. The SSD itself is ok. The new SSD works with the BIOS v26.
Now, if anyone could have a look in the WhiteList Removal thread to help me a bit in that case would be kind.
The whitelist removal guide linked in post #1 is well written. Try to read it carefully, and if you have any problem, reply to that guide instead, I personally have not much experience with the BIOS patching, I just followed the guide as written.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back