Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Z50-70/Z40-70 using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so I've gone throught this guide numerous times, tried GPT method, and then MBR, but can't get past the installation part, I boot in verbose mode from the clover menu, and then eventually my laptop reboots.

Can you help?
I'v uploaded the EFI folder without themes, and two screenshots of my laptop before it restarts

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 72
  • image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 78
  • image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 115
Ok, so I've gone throught this guide numerous times, tried GPT method, and then MBR, but can't get past the installation part, I boot in verbose mode from the clover menu, and then eventually my laptop reboots.

Can you help?
I'v uploaded the EFI folder without themes, and two screenshots of my laptop before it restarts

Using the final config.plist without the SSDTs in ACPI/patched is not valid, not expected to work.

I recommend installing without final config.plist and without ACPI/patched.

See guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Last edited:
Every time I click "Boot OS X Install from install_osx" the screen just turns black. I have the same exact laptop with the same exact specs. I tried verbose mode too.

Just to confirm, I delete the final config.plist and boot the usb using the config created by clover?

No. Read the guide. Carefully.

I did use a ssdt but even after I deleted it from the efi partition, I still get black screen after I click install.

You must use the correct config.plist. If you follow my advice, you're using a different config.plist for the USB than the final one for HDD.

When you follow this guide, if you use the config.plist from the repo, you must also have the correct setup in ACPI/patched. You can't use one without the other.

You must use the correct config.plist. If you follow my advice, you're using a different config.plist for the USB than the final one for HDD.

When you follow this guide, if you use the config.plist from the repo, you must also have the correct setup in ACPI/patched. You can't use one without the other.
So I redid the whole process and I can finally see the apple logo with the loading bar. but now the apple logo has been distorted and all I see is the beachball loading pointer. This is my second hackbook and it starts up the same way but this is taking forever to go into the setup.

So I redid the whole process and I can finally see the apple logo with the loading bar. but now the apple logo has been distorted and all I see is the beachball loading pointer. This is my second hackbook and it starts up the same way but this is taking forever to go into the setup.

Booting the installer is not quick. And no idea when you don't provide the files... (eg. photo + EFI/Clover).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back