Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Z50-70/Z40-70/G50-70/G40-70 using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys.. Monday I installed Sierra macOS on my Laptop and I used this new guide to configure. It worked out perfectly. Before I needed to use a wifi adapter, now in the Sierra I can use the native. But yesterday I decided to make a High Sierra installation disc. The installation was a success but I encountered problems when configuring. When downloading the github files the kexts of the downloads folder were gone. I saw that in the last hours there was a change. So I took the Projects folder from the HDD where the Sierra was installed and copied to the High Sierra, then I followed the guide by skipping the downloads part. The kexts and all content were successfully installed. The Clover boot works normally. But my wifi does not work, the sound sometimes does not recognize only after restarting and the backlight does not fade when I remove the jack from the charger, only after I adjust the settings. These problems can be solved in the High Sierra being that in the Sierra it worked super well?

My wifi is Atheros QCNFA335.

Thank you for help!

Hello guys.. Monday I installed Sierra macOS on my Laptop and I used this new guide to configure. It worked out perfectly. Before I needed to use a wifi adapter, now in the Sierra I can use the native. But yesterday I decided to make a High Sierra installation disc. The installation was a success but I encountered problems when configuring. When downloading the github files the kexts of the downloads folder were gone. I saw that in the last hours there was a change. So I took the Projects folder from the HDD where the Sierra was installed and copied to the High Sierra, then I followed the guide by skipping the downloads part. The kexts and all content were successfully installed. The Clover boot works normally. But my wifi does not work, the sound sometimes does not recognize only after restarting and the backlight does not fade when I remove the jack from the charger, only after I adjust the settings. These problems can be solved in the High Sierra being that in the Sierra it worked super well?

Thank you for help!
Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

And you’re right, I made a few changes in the last hours, there might be some problems with kexts downloading, I could only test it once. I really have no time to investigate it further for now. The repo needs more work, but I’m very busy for now, sorry.
If you have any problem, please report and I’ll try to help as much as I can.

Thank you for help!

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Is bluetooth working natively for this laptop? Because it's not for me, so I need to know if I am doing something wrong or it is just not supported.

I read somewhere it should work but I am not sure if also on High Sierra. Thanks.

Is bluetooth working natively for this laptop? Because it's not for me, so I need to know if I am doing something wrong or it is just not supported.

I read somewhere it should work but I am not sure if also on High Sierra. Thanks.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

@RehabMan
Here is the dump:
everything expect bluetooth is working for me so far... I followed this guide here on the forums exactly as it is.
I am pretty new at the hackintosh, so there is a big chance I might missed something out.

Attachments

• debug_24926.zip
    9.8 MB · Views: 96
@RehabMan
Here is the dump:
everything expect bluetooth is working for me so far... I followed this guide here on the forums exactly as it is.
I am pretty new at the hackintosh, so there is a big chance I might missed something out.

USB WiFi not recommended. Remove.
Install compatible PCIe Broadcom BT/WiFi hardware.

Also: Looks like Lilu.kext is not installed. Neither is IntelGraphicsFixup.kext.

USB WiFi not recommended. Remove.
Install compatible PCIe Broadcom BT/WiFi hardware.

Also: Looks like Lilu.kext is not installed. Neither is IntelGraphicsFixup.kext.
As I have laptop, I need some half pcie wifi/bt card. If I may ask, why is usb dongle not recommended? Is this something that I need? https://www.ebay.com/itm/1300Mbps-W...BCM94360HMB-802-11ac-Hackintosh-/391845855889 - it should be supported by default on macOS as I read the forum.

I will try install these kexts again manually. Just to check, I am able to do that with Kext Utility tool or by terminal right? Is there anything else I need to do with it after installing? Or what's actually the right way for installing these kext you said? I am really a novice, I was usually running prepared distro where everything was already done.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back