Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro El Capitan using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
is there not an option for File/Save As on your GHEX taskbar? i just followed the steps listed on a new drive (Ubuntu 14.04) and I have the option to edit and save the file

This is an update to allow people to save the file /sys/firmware/efi/efivars/SCUShowHiddenPage8be4df61-93ca-11d2-aa0d-00e098032b8c after making the modificationwith Ghex as described in the preinstallation notes.
before entering the ghex command. use " sudo" chattr -i /sys/firmware/efi/efivars/SCUShowHiddenPage8be4df61-93ca-11d2-aa0d-00e098032b8c ". That will allow the modification to be saved.

thanks yogabill!

tnhl1989 - have you tried using the information above, to edit and save your file?

thanks yogabill!

tnhl1989 - have you tried using the information above, to edit and save your file?
thanks yogabill!

Yes I did, Before, I could not save the file from ghex. Afterward, it worked like a charm, have access to the advanced menu. Changed the video memory param to 96 M. I could not succeed in my ultimate goal of getting an intel 8265 replacement for the 7260 AC to be recognized. I have not heard of anyone who has tried to use that card. I have been leery off flashing a new bios, what takes the white list out, because I did not find a current bios with that mod. What are people currently doing?

intel 8265 card will not work. I am using a lenovo Broadcom card, with the whitelist removed from the bios (requested from bios-mods.com (link on page 1)

Looks to be the same card I am using - you should be good

thanks yogabill!

Yes that actually worked perfectly. Thank you again for finding the info out! I post this on the bios-mod thread as well.

Everything is perfect except that almost always backlight is off when laptop is woken up from sleep. Is there any solution?

not having that issue, so thinking maybe you missed something in the guide. do you have to hit a key to activate the backlight? assuming this is the screen backlight, and not the keyboard...

not having that issue, so thinking maybe you missed something in the guide. do you have to hit a key to activate the backlight? assuming this is the screen backlight, and not the keyboard...
I have to increase the screen brightness using the keyboard (Fn+Home).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back