Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro El Capitan using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see anything relevant there, unless you are talking about problem files

Brightness guide is linked from the FAQ.
And various audio solutions are mentioned in the FAQ.

Regarding Unlocking the Bios and whitelistening the WiFi-module Ive followed the links posted in Post#1, refer to my post patching below for things Ive learned during the process (Ubuntu 14.04) or I handled different (no Windows 7/8 needed).

Besides, thanks to all contributors!

I had a fine El Capitan on my Y2Pro with everything working as promised, even the sd-card-reader.
In the end ... I've decided to sell my MBPs (13", 15" and 17") and went back to Windows 10 :).

I have tried to make this work on my system as well. My issue is when using ghex with ubuntu 14.04.05 it won't save the file. Windows side I'm running windows 10 and I am on bios 76cn31ww which I did downgrade from 76cn43ww. I am not sure what else to do to actually get the bios to unlock as I tried the sleep trick and also the ubuntu edit. Any other advice?

Is File/Save not an option under ghex? Were you able to modify the file?

Is File/Save not an option under ghex? Were you able to modify the file?
I was able to modify the file however it wouldn't save under ghex. I can open it and change the 00 to 01 however no save.

did you install Linux, or boot from USB? if booting from USB, you might have to check your permissions for the folder. I installed Linux, so I don't think I needed to change permissions.

did you install Linux, or boot from USB? if booting from USB, you might have to check your permissions for the folder. I installed Linux, so I don't think I needed to change permissions.
Was running off a live usb and didn't install it into the system. I couldn't change the permissions at all on the live usb which seem odd. Unlike the guide on pg 1 it didn't work for me like that. I'll try to install the linux onto the system and do it that way.

don't think you can change permissions/ownership from the folder, will have to use terminal. try using 'sudo chown -R username:group directory', where the directory is the folder containing the file you are trying to modify.

don't think you can change permissions/ownership from the folder, will have to use terminal. try using 'sudo chown -R username:group directory', where the directory is the folder containing the file you are trying to modify.
Still no luck with ubuntu 14.04lts. I even installed it to the PC as well. I even login as root and still can't make changes to that file. I have no clue what else to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back