Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo X250

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fear that will not help. All the drivers will be apparently properly installed telling you that the hardware works properly.
But this is wrong, windows thinks that the card is powered on what is not the case.

I see... OK, will noted that.
-----------------------

Btw, I check my wifi card (intel) by opening cover on x250. Measuring wifi card dimmension, it has 30millimeters x 22millimeters. Does your wifi card has same dimmension?

------------------------

EDIT:
I confirm to seller whose sell DW1560 card (link on previous post), he said that this card can not be installed because thinkpad whitelist bios.
Seems good to go. I will buy this card.

Last edited:
I see... OK, will noted that.
-----------------------

Btw, I check my wifi card (intel) by opening cover on x250. Measuring wifi card dimmension, it has 30millimeters x 22millimeters. Does your wifi card has same dimmension?

------------------------

EDIT:
I confirm to seller whose sell DW1560 card (link on previous post), he said that this card can not be installed because thinkpad whitelist bios.
Seems good to go. I will buy this card.
I am still in Senegal, Can't check right now but I bet that the dimensions are corrects.
Not sure for the location of the two small grooves (the one to be sure to plug the card in the correct wise). But it not so important, in my case, I grinned another groove.

For the whitelist, test the card without mod. I quite sure we will not have this issue.
As many other x250 owner, my card is not blacklisted.
Keep me in touch

hi guys, can you please help me?
i was wondering to buy this laptop, how many hours does this laptops battery lasts?

I am still in Senegal, Can't check right now but I bet that the dimensions are corrects.
Not sure for the location of the two small grooves (the one to be sure to plug the card in the correct wise). But it not so important, in my case, I grinned another groove.

For the whitelist, test the card without mod. I quite sure we will not have this issue.
As many other x250 owner, my card is not blacklisted.
Keep me in touch

Oh see, i think I will wait for you. And yes, we have same X250 and your card is not in whitelist, so I am sure X250 would boot without annoying "Not Supported Network Card" message.

Bad news is, the seller insist that I can not buy the wifi card from him because it's not compatible with my laptop and force me to cancel the order. What a day! :(
I don't have grinder tool, really confusing.

hi guys, can you please help me?
i was wondering to buy this laptop, how many hours does this laptops battery lasts?

On Windows, it lasts for 6-8 hour(s) with two battery docked, usually for browsing and typing paper work, word and sometimes youtube. internet connected through wifi. but, this result may vary depends on your usage.

Bad news is, the seller insist that I can not buy the wifi card from him because it's not compatible with my laptop and force me to cancel the order. What a day! :(
I don't have grinder tool, really confusing.

I did it with a cutter !;-)

Last edited:
Hi @fraisdos125,

on section 4.3

i must patch AppleIntelBDWGraphicFramebuffer.kext, but, something is weird:
  • Find and replace (for 10.12.x) "89 45 C8 39 C7 76 4F" to "89 45 C8 39 C7 76 4F"
Find value (red color) is same with replace value (blue color). Is that, really?

EDIT:

OK, found the correct one here:
Find: <89 45 C8 39 C7 76 4F>
Replace: <89 45 C8 39 C7 eb 4F>

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-some-unsolved-problems-in-10-12-sierra.202316/
My mistake, thank you.
This is corrected.

My mistake, thank you.
This is corrected.

Thank you!
I got macOS Sierra working on my x250, thanks for your guide.

btw, did you having weird about restart behaviours?
I try to
  • turn on
  • boot to mac
  • login
  • then try to restart
  • And... Clover fail to boot.
I need to shutdown it first then boot again to get working normal again.

And how did you run "TrackPad.app"? I got error message says, "The action “Run Shell Script” encountered an error.". Any advice?

Another one, I was able to use mini-DP port to connect to my external monitor, but the resolution is quite low, about 1280x1024px. (SXGA Resolution). Is this condition same as yours? Did you get FullHD (1920x1080px) ?

EDIT:
Using DisplayPref Pane from here and here, works. But, I think it little bit weird somehow. Anyway, I could get FHD on External Monitor. Attached file DisplayVendorID-756e6b6e.zip and save it to /System/Library/Display/Contents/Resources/Overrides.

Credits to tluck.

Attachments

• DisplayVendorID-756e6b6e.zip
    3.5 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Thank you!
I got macOS Sierra working on my x250, thanks for your guide.

btw, did you having weird about restart behaviours?
I try to
  • turn on
  • boot to mac
  • login
  • then try to restart
  • And... Clover fail to boot.
I need to shutdown it first then boot again to get working normal again.

And how did you run "TrackPad.app"? I got error message says, "The action “Run Shell Script” encountered an error.". Any advice?

Another one, I was able to use mini-DP port to connect to my external monitor, but the resolution is quite low, about 1280x1024px. (SXGA Resolution). Is this condition same as yours? Did you get FullHD (1920x1080px) ?

EDIT:
Using DisplayPref Pane from here and here, works. But, I think it little bit weird somehow. Anyway, I could get FHD on External Monitor. Attached file DisplayVendorID-756e6b6e.zip and save it to /System/Library/Display/Contents/Resources/Overrides.

Credits to tluck.
Clover:
I don't really have this trouble. Can be useful to test with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi as suggested by @RehabMan

Display:
No issue for me. Which CPU do you have, it can be useful to check and try with others ig-platform-id values.

TrackPad.app:
I created this Automator and put it to Applications, then add it to the list of apps to be started whit your session.
Maybe you have to create your own.
Anyway, I do not use it anymore. I prefer the VoodooPS2 version with link at the end of the first post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back