Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo U310/U410 using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Remove _DSM methods" patch when compiled gives me the following error

line 11867
code 4096
message syntax error, unexpected $end

where have i gone wrong? thanks

Add
Code:
}
to the end of DSDT

Hi all,
i'm planning to get the u410 laptop, my asus he1000 is stuck to snowleopard and gets really slow!

i would like to know how is the laptop usage with el capitan, is there a big speed difference between yosemite and in comparison with an original macbook? well, i ask this becos this laptop is issued in 2012, and is quite old now.

would there be any speed improvement in using a SSD samsung PRO?

cheers

Hi all,
i'm planning to get the u410 laptop, my asus he1000 is stuck to snowleopard and gets really slow!

i would like to know how is the laptop usage with el capitan, is there a big speed difference between yosemite and in comparison with an original macbook? well, i ask this becos this laptop is issued in 2012, and is quite old now.

Nothing wrong with HD4000 performance... (I have HD4000 on my ProBook).

Of course... Booting, launching apps, is faster with SSD.

Hi all,

cheers

I have this laptop with an ssd. I don't notice much speed difference between 10.11 and 10.10. I have a lot of the bells and whistles turned off, though. I also have a brand new MBP running 10.11, and it's much faster, obviously.

It depends what you use it for. My Lenovo is getting a little old (the fan runs more) - for checking email, browsing the web and doing a little work in Excel; it's fine. But, you might want to look at something a little newer with a more high-res screen, as to me that's the biggest drawback of this laptop.

Thanks. The bracket at the end seems to have worked. Can the touch screen be turned on? it seems to point but not select.

Thanks,

Greg

Thanks. The bracket at the end seems to have worked. Can the touch screen be turned on? it seems to point but not select.

Thanks,

Greg

Touchscreen support is limited single-touch. Fairly worthless IMHO.

Keep in mind no Macs have touchscreens. It is surprising it works at all.

I have this laptop with an ssd. I don't notice much speed difference between 10.11 and 10.10. I have a lot of the bells and whistles turned off, though. I also have a brand new MBP running 10.11, and it's much faster, obviously.

It depends what you use it for. My Lenovo is getting a little old (the fan runs more) - for checking email, browsing the web and doing a little work in Excel; it's fine. But, you might want to look at something a little newer with a more high-res screen, as to me that's the biggest drawback of this laptop.

Well, the heaviest task is probably processing raw photo with lightroom or dxo.
The rest is surfing the net, listening music, videos

Is there any use of the small 32gb flash under yosemite or el capitan?

i would like to get a macbook pro but it looks like ram and ssd is solded on the motherboard, so no posibility to buy the small config and improve it later on...apple is definitivly choosing a strange way of just making money :/

Thx for the answers guys...no one gave opinion on another eventual newer laptop which could work better/faster. What about asus ux303la is it better? Maybe not as easy to install as lenovo u410?

Last edited:
I'm stuck at the based DSDT patching section, never done that before. (I've built desktops and 4530s's, so it was simpler).
My initial problem is whilst using your config.plist, it opens in clover editor without the disabled lines you described.

If I click on "Kernel and Kext patches", 7 KetsToPatch appear, but only "disabled:IOGraphics" appears disabled.

Can you point me at any guides on how to use clover configurator to create the base DSDT patches you describe ? Not quite sure how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back