Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo U310/U410 using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Same Vanilla EFI/Clover as my earlier post. Still getting the boot loop. Just out of interest, could you see whats the cause of this within the -v boot video in post #153

No verbose boot photo attached.
Try my version of Clover (lots of churn on latest Clover on sourceforge... and it seems problems are still being worked out).
No useful information in image post #153. All the useful information has scrolled off the screen.

The preboot.log shows you were not using the config.plist you attached to boot.
The config.plist in EFI/Clover attached has 3 kexts to patch (all disabled), where preboot.log shows different:
Code:
1:571  0:000  KextsToPatch: 7 requested

No verbose boot photo attached.
Try my version of Clover (lots of churn on latest Clover on sourceforge... and it seems problems are still being worked out).
No useful information in image post #153. All the useful information has scrolled off the screen.

The preboot.log shows you were not using the config.plist you attached to boot.
The config.plist in EFI/Clover attached has 3 kexts to patch (all disabled), where preboot.log shows different:
Code:
1:571  0:000  KextsToPatch: 7 requested
Ive tried youre version of Clover with no success. I have attached verbose boot of my latest attempt. I hope you can it out, i have a video clips of it, it needs be. Also why is it can't boot with safe mode?

Attachments

• -v 1.PNG
    -v 1.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 107
  • -v 2.PNG
    -v 2.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 110
  • -v 3.PNG
    -v 3.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 118
  • -v 4.PNG
    -v 4.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 130
  • -v 5.PNG
    -v 5.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 113
  • -v 6.PNG
    -v 6.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 98
Ive tried youre version of Clover with no success. I have attached verbose boot of my latest attempt. I hope you can it out, i have a video clips of it, it needs be. Also why is it can't boot with safe mode?

Why is CPUSensors loading?
I see no such kext in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other, so where is it coming from?
You're booting the macOS 10.13 installer, correct?

Why is CPUSensors loading?
I see no such kext in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other, so where is it coming from?
You're booting the macOS 10.13 installer, correct?
Im not sure, the 10.13 installer doesnt show anymore in Clover bootloader, just my main Macintosh SSD boot and Recovery. The last time i was able to boot in, i was in the process of updating to/installing 10.13. The installer got toward the end and rebooted(which seemed normal) and haven't been able to boot into my main disc ever since. The only kext i have in /other is FakeSMC, Realtek8100 and VoodooPS2Controller. Isn't CPUSensors to do with FakeSMC?

Im not sure, the 10.13 installer doesnt show anymore in Clover bootloader, just my main Macintosh SSD boot and Recovery. The last time i was able to boot in, i was in the process of updating to/installing 10.13. The installer got toward the end and rebooted(which seemed normal) and haven't been able to boot into my main disc ever since. The only kext i have in /other is FakeSMC, Realtek8100 and VoodooPS2Controller. Isn't CPUSensors to do with FakeSMC?

So.. you're not booting the installer anymore... You're booting your upgraded (to 10.13) system, but you failed to make proper preparations prior to doing the update!

Your verbose/panic clearly shows you have an incorrect version of VoodooPS2Controller.kext.
Read here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-problems-in-10-13-high-sierra.233582/

Note: You should have updated all your kexts *prior* to updating to 10.13.

So.. you're not booting the installer anymore... You're booting your upgraded (to 10.13) system, but you failed to make proper preparations prior to doing the update!

Your verbose/panic clearly shows you have an incorrect version of VoodooPS2Controller.kext.
Read here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-problems-in-10-13-high-sierra.233582/

Note: You should have updated all your kexts *prior* to updating to 10.13.
I DID update the voodooPS2Controller prior to installing. refer to post #151. I couldn't get into the 'macos install...' clover boot without the updated kext. I don't see how thats possible.

I DID update the voodooPS2Controller prior to installing.

Clearly, you did not.

Your panic image shows 1.8.12.
Current version is 1.8.28.

Clearly, you did not.

Your panic image shows 1.8.12.
Current version is 1.8.28.
Wow, im dumfounded. The 10.13 installer didn't even run let alone install without the latest voodooPS2Controller. Presumably, thats it, my hack is broke?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back