Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad L440

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok Rehabman,
So which RMDT traces should i add now ?

Pick places within GBIF that you think might be causing ACPI abort.
Place traces (eg. RMDT.p1 calls with appropriate text that allows you to identify progress) between them.

@mnmmnm also make sure to do 1 more USB Ports capture with new files on IOreg
Hi Sniki, today I see that sound doesn't work after sleep/wake up. I need to restart my laptop to have audio again ;(

Last edited:
Files attached in previous post.

I can't be bothered to look for them.
If you can't be bothered to provide a clear link to files that show the problem, don't expect any help.

I can't be bothered to look for them.
If you can't be bothered to provide a clear link to files that show the problem, don't expect any help.

Hi RehabMan, here are the requested files. Problem is battery status always 0% and sound doesn't work after sleep/wake up. Thanks

Attachments

• cache.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 79
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 78
  • ioreg.zip
    481.5 KB · Views: 65
  • Kextstat.zip
    2 KB · Views: 63
  • logs.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 99
  • RehabMan.zip
    44.1 KB · Views: 65
Hi RehabMan, here are the requested files. Problem is battery status always 0% and sound doesn't work after sleep/wake up. Thanks

Something is wrong with your ACPI patches for battery.
It appears _BIF is failing (could be either BAT0._BIF or BAT1._BIF).
I believe Sniki is working on debugging it.

Note: USB WiFi not recommended.
Your USB configuration is wrong (need custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext).

ForceKextsToLoad is only for pre-install. Should be removed for final install.

Something is wrong with your ACPI patches for battery.
It appears _BIF is failing (could be either BAT0._BIF or BAT1._BIF).
I believe Sniki is working on debugging it.

Note: USB WiFi not recommended.
Your USB configuration is wrong (need custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext).

ForceKextsToLoad is only for pre-install. Should be removed for final install.
These recent days i was very busy and couldn’t even take a look on it,i will indeed as soon as i find time for it,
About USB configurations:
On his previous IOreg he captured active USB ports but only the touchscreen was being still injected on EH01.
I disabled EH01 so I thought it will force it to move on XHC but no,it doesnt appear anywhere at all anymore after removing disabling eh01.
About debugging is there a place where i can find the proper RMDT text like the one you mentioned that follows progress.
I need more hints/tips here.

Last edited:
These recent days i was very busy and couldn’t even take a look on it,i will indeed as soon as i find time for it,
On his previous IOreg he captured active USB ports but only the touchscreen was being still injected on EH01.
I disabled EH01 so I thought it will force it to move on XHC but no,it doesnt appear anywhere at all anymore after removing disabling eh01.

It is not possible to "move" a device from EHCI to XHC by disabling EHCI.
It is possible it is hardwired to EHCI, or FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext is being used to route from XHC->EHCI.

About debugging is there a place where i can find the proper RMDT text like the one you mentioned that follows progress.

No idea what you mean by "RMDT text file". Nor what you mean by "like the one you mentioned that follows progress".

Hi Sniki, I tested before some SSDT and battery status working for me, not sure if this can help you but I will attach files. Thank again for your help!

Attachments

• test efi.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 74
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 71
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back