Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo T430 - El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not working perfectly.
After wake up from sleep, the sleep moon LED is gone (as supposed), but if you move the display up and down the moon LED is flickering ... o_O i go back to 0x0A. It's not worth to fix!

More investigation/reverse engineering/ACPI code review required.

Good luck...

More investigation/reverse engineering/ACPI code review required.

Good luck...

Oops, I forgot to add the value change in my post. It's (0x07, 0x00) which turns the LED off.

Can this all be used for the T430s also? My resolution is 1600x900.

Oops, I forgot to add the value change in my post. It's (0x07, 0x00) which turns the LED off.

Code:
[COLOR=#000000]    \\_SB.PCI0.LPC.EC.LED(Zero, 0x80)\n
[/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]    \\_SB.PCI0.LPC.EC.LED(0x07, 0x00)\n[/COLOR]

Like this?

You can use this guide. But it's better when you try to generate your own dsdt and patch it with the list from first post. I don't know the differences between T430 and T430s, but it's most likely that our dsdt look different. Then it's no good idea to take my patched dsdt and ssdts.
When you have the almost the same hardware - eg. BT, ALC269 ... - you can use also the kexts from the first post.
Good luck!

I'm sure it can be done using the same method, except the nvidia card would have to be disabled if you have one. The DSDT would also have to be custom made (Rehabman made a great guide for this) since it's specific to your computer (and loading a T430 DSDT on a T430s might cause mayhem).

Any kext/drivers would be the same since it's pretty much the same computer, just slimmer.
(If you're running a 1600x900 panel like me, use 0x1660004 instead of 0x1660003 for the intel graphics)

My Lenovo wasn't waking up immediately after opening the lid, I would have to press a key or move the mouse to get the screen to turn on. Rehabman made an experimental patch that used the ACPIPoller.kext, but I've found where Lenovo coded their Lid notification function, it's actually in a General Purpose Event.
Adding \_GPE._L1D() to our \_WAK function will cause the lid status to be checked upon waking from sleep, solving the issue.
Also I've found the function to control the LED's. The patch for the sleep LED and power LED can be solved differently using \_SI._SST(0x01)

To add this to the x220 battery patch, replace:
Code:
\\_SB.PCI0.LPC.EC.LED(Zero, 0x80)\n
\\_SB.PCI0.LPC.EC.LED(0x0A, 0x80)\n
with:
Code:
\_SI._SST(0x01)\n
\_GPE._L1D()\n
or simply search your already edited DSDT and make the changes there.

Last edited:
Any rename must be applied to all files that reference the renamed identifier.

DropOem=true must be used when you have patched SSDT(s).

When using DropOem=true, you must include the SSDTs that you're dropping (patched appropriately) in ACPI/patched.

SortedOrder must be used to specify the order that SSDTs load.

It is covered in the ACPI patching guide.

Thanks for your reply.I will look deep into DSDT/SSDT patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back