Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Ideapad S340 Laptop on Catalina

Thanks! Verified that TPAD working now. We just need to work together to fix the backlight and HDMI.

Update: So I did the same thing as before, use 4mit's EFI, add the patches from Patrick545. Brightness works and TPAD works! HDMI Also works!
perfect! thank you! Everything works! except sd card slot that is obsolete for me

I just picked up a S340 over the weekend it's an i3 10th I can not get past unable to allocate memory for the life of me, any ideas?

Full wipe and apfs format is mandatory for Catalina. Did you use any disc cloning software for this or bought another drive?
I want dual boot with Windows and I don't want to lose the recovery partition.

It is best to install Windows and OS X on separate drives. Windows also misbehaves if you install it using the Windows installer, one major annoyance is that the sound doesn't work.

What I found was there is a free utility, WintoHDD, that works extremely well in creating the Windows install, using WintoHDD the sound works too. You can find it at https://www.easyuefi.com/wintohdd/index.html. Another useful tool at that site is WintoUSB. You can place your Windows installation onto a USB drive.

It is best to install Windows and OS X on separate drives. Windows also misbehaves if you install it using the Windows installer, one major annoyance is that the sound doesn't work.

What I found was there is a free utility, WintoHDD, that works extremely well in creating the Windows install, using WintoHDD the sound works too. You can find it at https://www.easyuefi.com/wintohdd/index.html. Another useful tool at that site is WintoUSB. You can place your Windows installation onto a USB drive.
Great, thanks.
Can I make a dual boot system alongside the Windows pre-installed SSD came with the laptop if I install a separate drive and install Catalina on that drive?

there is not enough place for the M2 A/E + BCM94360CS2 but I could install it. It just stay up that black part and make a little "thickness"
This adapter might help link

Great, thanks.
Can I make a dual boot system alongside the Windows pre-installed SSD came with the laptop if I install a separate drive and install Catalina on that drive?

i installed a 256gb SATA SSD in the empty bay. I use Ubuntu and Win10 on the nvme SSD and Catalina with clover on the SATA SSD. I boot grub of the nvme ssd with win10, ubuntu entrys and a chainloader to clover with recovery and macOS entrys. Works perfectly fine. The only down site is that you waste a litte time while booting from grub to clover. In this configuration you can easily change or modify one of the two drives and wont affect the other

Last edited:
Great.
I checked mine with CristalDiskInfo and it says M2 NMVe 256G drive so I assume my SATA HDD port is empty. I'm gonna buy a new 1TB SATA SSD for that slot and I'll install Catalina there. Hope it works for me as well.
Thanks for helping me out.

The manual says "4GB Soldered + 4GB DIMM DDR4-2400". Will 4+8GB work OK? Is it worth it?
I'm thinking of upgrading as much and logical as I can.

Back