Contribute
Register

[Guide] Laptop backlight control using AppleBacklightFixup.kext

Hi,Rehabman.

My laptop using intel i7-4710MQ with HD4600 inside,and the moniter is AU Optronics B156HAN01.2,and i am using the using AppleBacklightInjector.kext which works good .

But ,i found my moniter is blinking much more than in the windows ,with windows im using the Kappa71/PWM change the pwm frequency.

I am wondering ,can we change the PWM frequency in MacOS ?

You can change the PWMMax by patching the framebuffer (and changing LMAX to match).

Hi,
I followed this guide but I can't see the brightness bar in SysPref -> Display
I've to say that I can increase/decrease the brightness (OOB) using the keyboards keys even if when I change the brightness the OS doesn't show the sun logo on the desktop.

I've attached my patched dsdt and ioregreport.
I hope someone will help me. Tnx

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    143.4 KB · Views: 116
  • config.plist
    9.5 KB · Views: 209
  • Francesco’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    4.4 MB · Views: 107
Hi,
I followed this guide but I can't see the brightness bar in SysPref -> Display
I've to say that I can increase/decrease the brightness (OOB) using the keyboards keys even if when I change the brightness the OS doesn't show the sun logo on the desktop.

I've attached my patched dsdt and ioregreport.
I hope someone will help me. Tnx

You are not using the config.plist you attached.
The config.plist you actually are using does not have the patch for AppleBacklight.
Note your Clover bootlog shows this for KextsToPatch:
Code:
0:159  0:000  KextsToPatch: 3 requested
0:159  0:000   - [00]: com.apple.iokit.IOAHCIBlockStorage (Enable TRIM for SSD) :: BinPatch :: data len: 11
0:159  0:000   - [01]: AppleUSBXHCIPCI (change 15 port limit to 26 in XHCI kext (100/200-series)) :: BinPatch :: data len: 7
0:159  0:000   - [02]: AppleAHCIPort (External icons patch) :: BinPatch :: data len: 8

The problem was Clover. At the GUI I was selecting the config with the patch but it still continued to use the other config.
I've removed the other config now and the brightness bar works.

Thank you! :)

The problem was Clover. At the GUI I was selecting the config with the patch but it still continued to use the other config.
I've removed the other config now and the brightness bar works.

Thank you! :)

That "select alternate config.plist" in the Clover GUI does not really work (certainly not for KextsToPatch).
You should always read your Clover bootlog to determine what Clover is really doing...
And it is best to do things in the most direct way possible...

"the SSDT-PNLF.aml must load after the OEM SSDT that defines it" how does one do this. what setting in clover configurator

"the SSDT-PNLF.aml must load after the OEM SSDT that defines it" how does one do this. what setting in clover configurator

config.plist/ACPI/SortedOrder determines SSDT load order.

yes I see it and a + and - to add to the blank sort order box. Do I drag and drop the .aml on it? I'm lost on this step. Everything else is done just can't figure out how to get the .aml file to load after the OEM per the instructions.

Ok I guess I have an issue no slider showing up in display sys pref. Here is the required files. Thank you in advance for you patience and help.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2 MB · Views: 70
  • ioreg.zip
    436.4 KB · Views: 66
  • RehabMan.zip
    57.2 KB · Views: 52
  • terminalouput.zip
    1 KB · Views: 68
Back