Contribute
Register

[Guide] Laptop backlight control using AppleBacklightFixup.kext

1. Now I patched DSDT with 'rename gfx0 to igpu' patch with maciasl
2. Installed AppleBacklightInjector.kext to L/E
3. Placed patched DSDT, copied SSDT-PNLF.aml and SSDT_IGPU.aml from build to ACPI/patched
4. Added patch 'change F%uT%04x to F%uTxxxx in AppleBacklightInjector.kext (credit RehabMan)' to clover config.

I get restricted symbol during boot with patched DSDT files (DSDT.aml,SSDT-PNLF.aml,SSDT-IGPU.aml).
I have to remove those three files to restore boot.

Thankyou.

You cannot rename GFX0->IGPU without also doing it in the SSDTs.
Read guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

And remove SSDT-IGPU.aml (you don't have the required SSDT-Config.aml to use it).

sorry for noob question. which SSDT should I patch with GFX0 to IGPU? the two files DSDT.aml and SSDT-PNLF.aml are enough for brightness control?
all SSDT's that has GFX0

all SSDT's that has GFX0
I am using laptop without DSDTs and SSDTs. so is it enough to patch DSDT.aml and SSDT-PNLF.aml with rename patch or should I extract and patch all SSDTS for brightness control?

I am using laptop without DSDTs and SSDTs.

Impossible. DSDT and SSDTs are always present as they are injected by Clover from those that BIOS provides.

so is it enough to patch DSDT.aml and SSDT-PNLF.aml with rename patch or should I extract and patch all SSDTS for brightness control?

Renames must be applied equally across all DSDT+SSDTss that reference the renamed symbol.
You should read the ACPI patching guide...

Checked on my Lenovo - works fine. Thanks RehabMan!

Hi,
I had the brightness issue on my Xiaomi air 13, however I fixed it through this guide... The problem is that I actually needed to keep my IntelBacklight.kext, which should not be the case.. If I delete it I don't have the brightness anymore, and before I didn't have it without the guide...
I didn't try yet to boot without the aml and new kext...but does it sound possible that it work that way (with both kext) ? (Shouldn't obviously)

Hi,
I had the brightness issue on my Xiaomi air 13, however I fixed it through this guide... The problem is that I actually needed to keep my IntelBacklight.kext, which should not be the case.. If I delete it I don't have the brightness anymore, and before I didn't have it without the guide...
I didn't try yet to boot without the aml and new kext...but does it sound possible that it work that way (with both kext) ? (Shouldn't obviously)

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

my backlight control work on 10.12.4 without patch.

Back