Contribute
Register

[Guide] Laptop backlight control using AppleBacklightFixup.kext

Something strange happened! With 9C74, I deleted your kext patches from clover.config. As before with EDID patch,your kext and .aml now I have 6 profiles in IOReg but this time slider is gone LOL :D

I think we are on to something. I am uploading recent two IORegs. Tomorrow I will check it again but for now I think only stable solution -at least for me- is to have EDID patch.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    1,004.8 KB · Views: 86
Something strange happened! With 9C74, I deleted your kext patches from clover.config. As before with EDID patch,your kext and .aml now I have 6 profiles in IOReg but this time slider is gone LOL :D

It means the profile selected by AppleBacklight didn't match any of the profiles available.
In MacBook Pro.ioreg it looks like you used the repo injector, but probably without the patch for AppleBacklight itself (nonsense configuration, as it will tell you nothing).
If you're trying to determine which profile is being detected, you have to use an injector with all the possible profiles that match the _UID/display-id combination.

Note that my Probook uses 0x40b2. You might test with it to see if it affects the profile selection (selects FxxTxxxx here).

Can someone explain me how to do this step by step:

"Also Note: The SSDT-PNLF.aml assumes that GFX0 (or VID on Thinkpads) is already renamed to IGPU. It will not work if your IGPU is not at _SB.PCI0.IGPU.

Copy the SSDT-PNLF.aml from ~/Projects/guide.git/build/SSDT-PNLF.aml to your EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched. If you're using SortedOrder in your config.plist, make sure you add SSDT-PNLF.aml to it. Also, it must be loaded *after* the OEM SSDTs. For many laptops, the IGPU (formerly GFX0) device is defined in an SSDT, not DSDT, and since SSDT-PNLF is dependent on this device already being defined, the SSDT-PNLF.aml must load after the OEM SSDT that defines it."

I have a Lenovo Y700 laptop, I installed Sierra 10.12.4. The only patch that I applied is for battery and works ok, but when I try to patch DSDT with "rename GFX to IGPU", after restarting, after the loading of apple logo I see black screen with "O" symbol.

what I'm missing?

Can someone explain me how to do this step by step:

"Also Note: The SSDT-PNLF.aml assumes that GFX0 (or VID on Thinkpads) is already renamed to IGPU. It will not work if your IGPU is not at _SB.PCI0.IGPU.

Copy the SSDT-PNLF.aml from ~/Projects/guide.git/build/SSDT-PNLF.aml to your EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched. If you're using SortedOrder in your config.plist, make sure you add SSDT-PNLF.aml to it. Also, it must be loaded *after* the OEM SSDTs. For many laptops, the IGPU (formerly GFX0) device is defined in an SSDT, not DSDT, and since SSDT-PNLF is dependent on this device already being defined, the SSDT-PNLF.aml must load after the OEM SSDT that defines it."

I have a Lenovo Y700 laptop, I installed Sierra 10.12.4. The only patch that I applied is for battery and works ok, but when I try to patch DSDT with "rename GFX to IGPU", after restarting, after the loading of apple logo I see black screen with "O" symbol.

what I'm missing?

See ACPI patching guide for correct ACPI patching procedures:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

hi
now I get backlight control:clap:

but it seems that only the ending part of control strip effect, and the maximum brightness still not enough
I don't know if I did wrong or it's kind of normal sofar

hi
now I get backlight control:clap:

but it seems that only the ending part of control strip effect, and the maximum brightness still not enough
I don't know if I did wrong or it's kind of normal sofar

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".
Problems report:only the ending part of control strip effect, and the maximum brightness still not enough

Attachments

• all.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 94
@RehabMan ,@tosbaha ,@scottsanett
P-profile solution is too simple. just compared the other p profiles.
i noticed the backlight data for haswell was only using 00110000 00360054
linear brightness was 0x11 for min and 0x54 max.

for haswell p profile 00000000 00000a6a

Update: switched backed to proper config(ssdt-pnlf and uid_ 0x0B). it's perfect with above setting. new ioreg below

Attachments

• Melchior’s MacBook Air.zip
    700.4 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Back