Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Skylake NUC6 (and Skull Canyon) using Clover UEFI (NUC6i5SYK, NUC6i7KYK, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello.

I'm planning to make a mod using my old iMac G4 employing the Intel NUC 6I3SYK. Can you please verify that graphics in this NUC are supported as well? (Intel HD Graphics 520). I ask this 'cause everytime I read the list of boards supported are refered to i5 models.

Thanks!

Follow the guide and test. I think most people are running higher end NUCs with HD640/HD650.

Thanks!

Should I worry also about the ssd m2 HD and RAM stick? Or being just "elements" of the board the compatibility is assured?

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    17.3 MB · Views: 89
  • David’s iMac.zip
    527.1 KB · Views: 84
  • output.txt.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 80
  • RehabMan.zip
    45.1 KB · Views: 66

Don't forget to enable SSDT-DisableDA.aml as mentioned in post #1 regarding update procedures.
The reason is that often partially patched AppleHDA and HDMI/DP audio enablement causes problems.
By injecting SSDT-DisableDA.aml, you disable "hda-gfx" injection which disables HDMI/DP audio, which avoids the crash.
After update, install_downloads.sh, boot without caches, rebuild cache/etc, you can then boot normally without SSDT-DisableDA.aml (it is excluded by default with config.plist/ACPI/DisabledAML).

Don't forget to enable SSDT-DisableDA.aml as mentioned in post #1 regarding update procedures.
The reason is that often partially patched AppleHDA and HDMI/DP audio enablement causes problems.
By injecting SSDT-DisableDA.aml, you disable "hda-gfx" injection which disables HDMI/DP audio, which avoids the crash.
After update, install_downloads.sh, boot without caches, rebuild cache/etc, you can then boot normally without SSDT-DisableDA.aml (it is excluded by default with config.plist/ACPI/DisabledAML).
Ok, I ran install_download.sh, in clover options menu unchecked drop SSDT-DisableDA.aml + selected boot without caches, but nothing changed. Still immediate reboot.

Dear RehabMan,

Just to say thank you !
Your guide and useful links are just wonderful and offer BIG BIG help for a lot of NUC users like me.

:)
a NUC6i5 user from HKG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back