Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Skylake NUC6 (and Skull Canyon) using Clover UEFI (NUC6i5SYK, NUC6i7KYK, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, RehabMan

I have install OS 10.13.1 on Skull Canyon. And also found any USB3.0 device. And author issue, the mini DP port does not work. But using type-c port as DP port is OK.

The information as below:

➜ ~ sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
Password:
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fb92c8d8320 [0x7fff9baca570]> { URL = "FakeSMC.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fb92975e8f0 [0x7fff9baca570]> { URL = "IntelGraphicsFixup.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "as.lvs1974.IntelGraphicsFixup" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fb9297186c0 [0x7fff9baca570]> { URL = "Lilu.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "as.vit9696.Lilu" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fb92975aad0 [0x7fff9baca570]> { URL = "FakePCIID.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.rehabman.driver.FakePCIID" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fb92ca003e0 [0x7fff9baca570]> { URL = "USBInjectAll.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.rehabman.driver.USBInjectAll" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fb929718c10 [0x7fff9baca570]> { URL = "FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.rehabman.injector.FakePCIID-Intel-HDMI-Audio" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fb92c90cc70 [0x7fff9baca570]> { URL = "IntelMausiEthernet.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.insanelymac.IntelMausiEthernet" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fb92c89c7f0 [0x7fff9baca570]> { URL = "CodecCommander.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.tw.CodecCommander" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fb929416fb0 [0x7fff9baca570]> { URL = "FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.rehabman.injector.FakePCIID-Intel-HD-Graphics" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67061) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fb92bcee8d0 [0x7fff9baca570]> { URL = "AppleHDA.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.apple.driver.AppleHDA" }
KernelCache ID: 23F73811DA91DDAFB1180F8D1F4CD32B

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 76
  • RehabMan.zip
    51.1 KB · Views: 86
  • IOreg.zip
    538.1 KB · Views: 93
Hi, RehabMan

I have install OS 10.13.1 on Skull Canyon. And also found any USB3.0 device. And author issue, the mini DP port does not work. But using type-c port as DP port is OK.

The information as below:

➜ ~ sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
Password:
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fb92c8d8320 [0x7fff9baca570]> { URL = "FakeSMC.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fb92975e8f0 [0x7fff9baca570]> { URL = "IntelGraphicsFixup.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "as.lvs1974.IntelGraphicsFixup" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fb9297186c0 [0x7fff9baca570]> { URL = "Lilu.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "as.vit9696.Lilu" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fb92975aad0 [0x7fff9baca570]> { URL = "FakePCIID.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.rehabman.driver.FakePCIID" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fb92ca003e0 [0x7fff9baca570]> { URL = "USBInjectAll.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.rehabman.driver.USBInjectAll" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fb929718c10 [0x7fff9baca570]> { URL = "FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.rehabman.injector.FakePCIID-Intel-HDMI-Audio" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fb92c90cc70 [0x7fff9baca570]> { URL = "IntelMausiEthernet.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.insanelymac.IntelMausiEthernet" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fb92c89c7f0 [0x7fff9baca570]> { URL = "CodecCommander.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.tw.CodecCommander" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fb929416fb0 [0x7fff9baca570]> { URL = "FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.rehabman.injector.FakePCIID-Intel-HD-Graphics" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67061) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fb92bcee8d0 [0x7fff9baca570]> { URL = "AppleHDA.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.apple.driver.AppleHDA" }
KernelCache ID: 23F73811DA91DDAFB1180F8D1F4CD32B

Use config.plist from the repo unmodified. You removed the SAT0->SATA patch from config.plist which is breaking everything in the SSDT-NUC6-SC.aml.

Also, use my version of Clover (Although it has my latest changes, I have not tested the latest "official" Clover).

Last edited:
Use config.plist from the repo unmodified. You removed the SAT0->SATA patch from config.plist which is breaking everything in the SSDT-NUC6-SC.aml.

Also, use my version of Clover (Although it has my latest changes, I have not tested the latest "official" Clover).

Thank you very much. it works perfectly.

The reason your USB3 drive did not work is because you made the mistake of using USBInjectAll.kext (the guide does not call for it during installation).

True. That point is confusing.
The guide says to read the https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Where it says
USBInjectAll.kext may be helpful for reaching the installer (and in post-install... see FAQ)
USBInjectAll.kext: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-USB-Inject-All

... and ...

You may find GenericUSBXHCI.kext useful for non-Intel USB3 (usually only on Sandy Bridge and prior):
GenericUSBXHCI.kext: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Generic-USB3

For GenericUSBXHCI.kext, the guide override that with "is not necessary" but left it unsaid for USBInjectAll.kext.
So I left it in there.

It's good that it's all cleared up now.

A little additional Thunderbolt information. I'm now using an AMD RX580 GPU in an external TB3 GPU enclosure and it seems to work great (it's simply plug and play OOB with High Sierra).

Last edited:
Hi Rehabman,

I’m currently using a RX580 using an external TB3 enclosure. This is working mostly fine. What I so far cannot get to work is audio over DisplayPort on a monitor attached to the RX580. My question to you is whether there is anything in your guide that could be responsible for this, as audio over DisplayPort seems to be natively supported with RX580 cards under High Sierra. I’ve tried several things but with no success so far. Being able to rule out that anything in the Guide/config.plist might have broken this feature would help me a lot in figuring out what the solution to this issue will be.

Thanks,
Roel

Hi Rehabman,

I’m currently using a RX580 using an external TB3 enclosure. This is working mostly fine. What I so far cannot get to work is audio over DisplayPort on a monitor attached to the RX580. My question to you is whether there is anything in your guide that could be responsible for this, as audio over DisplayPort seems to be natively supported with RX580 cards under High Sierra. I’ve tried several things but with no success so far. Being able to rule out that anything in the Guide/config.plist might have broken this feature would help me a lot in figuring out what the solution to this issue will be.

Thanks,
Roel

This guide uses Intel integrated graphics. It does not use any discrete graphics.

This guide uses Intel integrated graphics. It does not use any discrete graphics.

I realize that. However e.g. Unless something else copied it there the kext folder contains CodecCommander.kext which according to some documentation disables all HDMI audio CoDecs by default. Which if true could be a potential cause of the issue. I’m still learning the details of Hackintosh builds and what I say on this might not make sense at all, but to me it seemed like a valid question.

I realize that. However e.g. Unless something else copied it there the kext folder contains CodecCommander.kext which according to some documentation disables all HDMI audio CoDecs by default. Which if true could be a potential cause of the issue. I’m still learning the details of Hackintosh builds and what I say on this might not make sense at all, but to me it seemed like a valid question.

CodecCommander does not have anything in it to "disable HDMI CoDecs".
Suggest you read about enabling HDMI audio on AMD/Radeon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back