Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Skylake NUC6 (and Skull Canyon) using Clover UEFI (NUC6i5SYK, NUC6i7KYK, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The install process is two stage. It is covered in the main Clover laptop guide post #2.

Thank you RehabMan, installed successfully! Didn't realize it was a 2 step process.
Responding to this thread from the new installation :)

Still need to run all of the post install stuff but looks good so far. Seems that I am on an iMac (27-inch, Late 2013) with Intel Unknown 1536MB graphics processor. :)

I haven't run any of the post install stuff yet, however bluetooth seems to be working and I was able to pair my magic trackpad 2. I have limited use of my trackpad... however in the trackpad setting, it says no trackpad found.

I have now run through the post install steps.

Some updates on what I have tested so far:
Audio on the SC is not working, do not see any audio devices in settings other than Airplay devices. Audio through airplay to Zeppelin Wireless speaker is kinda working... works for a bit then the screen locks automatically. After unlocking the screen there is no audio until reboot.

Bluetooth, i.e., Magic trackpad 2 and Bluetooth keyboard (Logitech K810) seem to be fully functional even after power down. The only issue is that the Bluetooth keyboard is not available on Clover boot screen. Hope there was a default boot option with timeout.

I haven't run any of the post install stuff yet, however bluetooth seems to be working and I was able to pair my magic trackpad 2. I have limited use of my trackpad... however in the trackpad setting, it says no trackpad found.

Intel WiFi/BT is not well supported.

Your profile is not filled out with hardware details.

Sierra is a disaster.
I quite agree, but it is nice to have RAID utility back even if they have hidden it. I have no problem using cli but diskutil has no flag for setting stripe size which is pretty crappy for software RAID.
Thankfully Promise has delivered a new driver for a legacy device, other than that, I see no reason to upgrade to Sierra as I don't notice any performance enhancements, just the merging of iOS and OS X.

Finally got Sierra installed. Some problems of my own making some not. Couldn't get the update to work with dual boot (Windows 1st partition), getting the error "unable to unmount or repair", this has been reported by other users - I might try again now I have sorted out other problems.

Make sure you have the latest config.plist version, the current KextsToPatch settings are essential for booting Sierra, without which I was receiving KP's during startup.

During the first installation reboot I needed to select "Without Caches" AND "Inject Kexts".

I also uninstalled anything that might be loaded during boot (before I discovered my out of date config.plist), so removed Karabiner, RDM and a few others. This may have been unnecessary.

Most things seem to be working (though only just started using it, so we will see).

One error rebuilding caches:

#sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

<snip>
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67054 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA12 for kext AppleHDA.kext
KernelCache ID: 3B573CAFED62A711CF63BD2BB6A07D6E
symlink("/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel", "/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache") failed 17 (File exists) <createPrelinkedKernel 2795>
</snip>

Can't remember seeing this before?

Sleep straight to black screen and doesn't wake, I believe this is known.

Will play some more and see what else doesn't work!

Edit: Also I used Clover 3726 as it currently appears to have the greater success rate

One error rebuilding caches:

#sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

<snip>
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67054 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA12 for kext AppleHDA.kext
KernelCache ID: 3B573CAFED62A711CF63BD2BB6A07D6E
symlink("/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel", "/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache") failed 17 (File exists) <createPrelinkedKernel 2795>
</snip>

Not an error, appears to be normal (just sloppy coding).

Sleep straight to black screen and doesn't wake, I believe this is known.

Yes.

Edit: Also I used Clover 3726 as it currently appears to have the greater success rate

I'm using an even newer build (it varies depending on day... building from sources).

Attachments

• ProblemReporting.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 108
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back