Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Skylake NUC6 (and Skull Canyon) using Clover UEFI (NUC6i5SYK, NUC6i7KYK, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No problems updating my NUC6i5SYK to 10.11.6.

I did a little testing on HDMI/DP-audio. Interestingly, I see HDMI audio, but not DP audio. Further investigation required, but not enough time right now.

- Devices->Video, "IGD Minimum Memory" set to 64mb
- Devices->Video, "IGD Aperture Size" set to 128mb

From my experience, other settings for these also work... (eg. 128/256).

@andyph666's problem is likely poor choice regarding NVMe (which I suspected, but didn't want to guess about until "Problem Reporting" files were provided).

So is it possible to update to 10.11.6 without any problems? Is it enough to update from apple store?
When RehabMan say that hdmi audio is working, what is the procedure that allows this functionality in the nuc6i5syh/k?
Thanks

I did a little testing on HDMI/DP-audio. Interestingly, I see HDMI audio, but not DP audio. Further investigation required, but not enough time right now.

So is it possible to update to 10.11.6 without any problems? Is it enough to update from apple store?

Yes/Yes.

When RehabMan say that hdmi audio is working, what is the procedure that allows this functionality in the nuc6i5syh/k?

Post #1.

Can I just replace the smbios information from my previous hackintosh? I updated everything and the sound appears in the sound preferences now. Also changed the nvme driver and it booted woohoo! Thanks!

Can I just replace the smbios information from my previous hackintosh? I updated everything and the sound appears in the sound preferences now. Also changed the nvme driver and it booted woohoo! Thanks!

Depends on what SMBIOS your previous hackintosh was using...

That was a lot easier than I thought. Seems like the booting works fine now. Do you have continuity/hand off working rehabman? In the past, I managed to get it to work with ethernet. Thanks. Also, I can test stuff out if you need anything.

Last edited:
That was a lot easier than I thought. Seems like the booting works fine now. Do you have continuity/hand off working rehabman? In the past, I managed to get it to work with ethernet. Thanks. Also, I can test stuff out if you need anything.

No support for handoff due to inability to install compatible WiFi/BT.

Thanks RehabMan for your answers and for your developments.
What kind of test are you doing on the nuc6i5 in order to have the hdmi/dp audio? In particular how you can see the hdmi audio?

No problems updating my NUC6i5SYK to 10.11.6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back