Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Skylake NUC6 (and Skull Canyon) using Clover UEFI (NUC6i5SYK, NUC6i7KYK, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
EFI not requested. Please read the request carefully.

Notes regarding ioreg:
- the guide does not recommend iMac17,1.
- remove FakeSMC sensor kexts (not FakeSMC.kext)
- remove unsupported Intel NVMe SSD
- your config.plist (looking at Clover bootlog in ioreg) is not the one from the guide.

Read the guide carefully.
The one from the guide doesn't work, period.
You recommend iMac 14,2 based solely on multi-monitor setup, I have single monitor.
The Intel SSD is running Windows separately

No need to look at CLOVER (at this point). Problems are obvious just from ioreg (especially the config.plist problem).

Read edits in post #218.

It is a basic problem: You did not follow the guide.
I did follow the guide initially, this config worked better than the one posted. It's a combo of your patches with the standard MultiBeast one.

The one from the guide doesn't work, period.

Your claim of "followed your guide to the T" is completely false.

What is the issue?

Also, your ioreg shows 10.12. You should read post #1 for known problems with Sierra (must use HDMI, for example). Officially, guide is for 10.11, 10.12 is a WIP, not recommended (but will work if you stick within the restrictions as per post #1).

You recommend iMac 14,2 based solely on multi-monitor setup, I have single monitor.

Follow the guide as written.

The Intel SSD is running Windows separately

Remove it for now.

When using config from the guide it would boot to prohibited sign 100% of the time, now it only boots to it 50% of the time. I've disabled the Intel NVME in bios and still had the same result.

As I said, I did follow the guide as written initially, and wouldn't be able to post the attachments I have without changing the things I have.

When using config from the guide it would boot to prohibited sign 100% of the time, now it only boots to it 50% of the time. I've disabled the Intel NVME in bios and still had the same result.

As I said, I did follow the guide as written initially, and wouldn't be able to post the attachments I have without changing the things I have.

If you have an issue, provide details...

eg. if unable to boot:
- how is monitor connected?
- boot verbose show photo
- attach EFI/Clover (as ZIP, remove themes)

If other problem, (eg. can boot), read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

I'm not supporting anyone that doesn't follow the guide as written.

Not exactly related to this thread BUT.... When you make binary changes with the KextsToPatch plist entries, do they make a permanent change, or are they applied each time the system is rebooted?

If you have an issue, provide details...

eg. if unable to boot:
- how is monitor connected?
- boot verbose show photo
- attach EFI/Clover (as ZIP, remove themes)

If other problem, (eg. can boot), read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

I'm not supporting anyone that doesn't follow the guide as written.

This is what I got following the guide, using your config, patches, etc. Connected with DP to 4K display, HDMI was same result.

(For the record, I tried it with all AptioFix options, AptioFix, AptioFix2, AptioFix_Free2000)

Attachments

• IMG_0421.jpg
    IMG_0421.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 106
This is what I got following the guide, using your config, patches, etc. Connected with DP to 4K display, HDMI was same result.

(For the record, I tried it with all AptioFix options, AptioFix, AptioFix2, AptioFix_Free2000)

Something is very wrong with your Clover setup in drivers64UEFI. You should not be seeing duplicate messages from OsxAptioFixDrv. You did not attach the EFI/Clover that corresponds, so no ideas for you.

Something is very wrong with your Clover setup in drivers64UEFI. You should not be seeing duplicate messages from OsxAptioFixDrv. You did not attach the EFI/Clover that corresponds, so no ideas for you.

I think I discovered the issue partly. I updated clover to the latest revision (3786), and after reverting back to 3766 it seems to boot most of the time. Oddly though, if I boot into Windows and then back to Clover I have to restart once before it'll work.

Edit: Also needed Asus AICUPM and KernelPM patches

Last edited:
I think I discovered the issue partly. I updated clover to the latest revision (3786), and after reverting back to 3766 it seems to boot most of the time. Oddly though, if I boot into Windows and then back to Clover I have to restart once before it'll work.

Edit: Also needed Asus AICUPM and KernelPM patches

AsusAICPUPM has no application with this hardware (XCPM in the kernel is used, not AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement).
KernelPm (not KernelPM) is already default in the provided plists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back