Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Hello,
Anyone updated to 14.3? @Leesureone I am using your EFI with Sonoma 14.0 and was wondering if you updated yours to 14.3.

Many thanks in advance
Hi @me0076 I haven’t, I don’t have it hooked up but I’m sure it’s fine. As a precaution back up your data and have a bootable usb drive just in case

I had no issues with 14.3

Sonoma 14.4 + OC 0.9.9 working on my NUC817BEH. Attaching the OC bundle in case its useful to anyone.

Couple of changes that folks using this need to be aware of:

AirportItlwm.kext
Using the latest dev build for Sonoma 14.4. If you want to use this EFI with lesser macOS versions then change this as necessary.

IntelMausiEthernet.kext
Upgraded this to the latest branched version (2.5.4) to solve kernel panics after sleep/wake

IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext
IntelBTPatcher.kext

Uses this branched version of 2.5.0 to support pairing of BT LE devices such as mice and keyboards.

SSDT-GPRW.aml + Patch
After solving aforementioned issues with BT LE devices pairing, this fixes a sleep/wake issue when those BT devices are connected where the system wakes several seconds after each sleep.

However, the downside is you need to wake the system using the NUC power button, so if you don't need to pair any BT LE devices you may want to leave out this SSDT+patch.

Attachments

• EFI OC 099 Sonoma14.4.zip
    36.6 MB · Views: 30
Sonoma 14.4 + OC 0.9.9 working on my NUC817BEH. Attaching the OC bundle in case its useful to anyone.

Couple of changes that folks using this need to be aware of:

AirportItlwm.kext
Using the latest dev build for Sonoma 14.4. If you want to use this EFI with lesser macOS versions then change this as necessary.

IntelMausiEthernet.kext
Upgraded this to the latest branched version (2.5.4) to solve kernel panics after sleep/wake

IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext
IntelBTPatcher.kext

Uses this branched version of 2.5.0 to support pairing of BT LE devices such as mice and keyboards.

SSDT-GPRW.aml + Patch
After solving aforementioned issues with BT LE devices pairing, this fixes a sleep/wake issue when those BT devices are connected where the system wakes several seconds after each sleep.

However, the downside is you need to wake the system using the NUC power button, so if you don't need to pair any BT LE devices you may want to leave out this SSDT+patch.
Great, thanks. I have the i5 version of this. I wonder if this will work as well on it?

Back