Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

A lot of people may find this useful to upgrade OC. Just did and went flawlessly. Went from 7.x to 8.5, couldn't believe how well simple it was!

Excellent recommendation, I use it myself.

Unfortunately same issue!
Sorry, I guess I would try reverting back to Monterey and see if that works or see if another OS like Linux or Windows crashes. Could be bad memory.

Sorry, I guess I would try reverting back to Monterey and see if that works or see if another OS like Linux or Windows crashes. Could be bad memory.
I have windows 11 works fine, my Hackintosh installed on external SSD.

I’m okay with reverting to Monterey, could you please advise with way doing it on windows 11 :)

Last edited:

I’m okay with reverting to Monterey, could you please advise with way doing it on windows 11 :)
What kind and brand of drive are/ were you using for OSX?

Can you please try the attached, make sure to reset the NVRAM first. It has Bluetooth and Airport kexts disabled. I'm asking because even though we already talked about this its the only thing that makes sense besides a hardware issue.

Attachments

• NUC8EFI8-8.5.zip
    47.2 MB · Views: 27
I am still running oc 7.9 on my nuc 8
Since I eventually want to move to Ventura I figure it’s a good time to update OC. I grabbed the 8.5. EFI file
As always I have put it on a usb drive. I plan to boot for that for a few days and make sure all is well before updating the SSD
It boots and macOS is running without any issues, but I did see one warning:

OCS: No schema for MaxBiosVersion at 6 index, context <UEFI>!

Checking around I find notes about these warnings possibly being left over from previous versions.
Comparing the new config file to my older one I see the position and formatting for this entry has changed from my older version.
I wanted to check before I start changing anything.

I am still running oc 7.9 on my nuc 8
Since I eventually want to move to Ventura I figure it’s a good time to update OC. I grabbed the 8.5. EFI file
As always I have put it on a usb drive. I plan to boot for that for a few days and make sure all is well before updating the SSD
It boots and macOS is running without any issues, but I did see one warning:

OCS: No schema for MaxBiosVersion at 6 index, context <UEFI>!

Checking around I find notes about these warnings possibly being left over from previous versions.
Comparing the new config file to my older one I see the position and formatting for this entry has changed from my older version.
I wanted to check before I start changing anything.
Hey @Richtw , check out this version and see if it eliminates seeing that message.

Attachments

• NUC8EFI8.5.zip
    45.9 MB · Views: 20
Can you please try the attached, make sure to reset the NVRAM first. It has Bluetooth and Airport kexts disabled. I'm asking because even though we already talked about this its the only thing that makes sense besides a hardware issue.
hello @Leesureone, no luck! still same issue :(

Back