Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Ok I'll search for "long boot times". Is there also recommendations for alternative drives that would work better? I had this nvme drive for Mojave and it seemed fine and booted really fast for me.

Attached is a screenshot of where I just see "ADD" for the Serial Number. I had a serial number while using Mojave, but when I switched to OpenCore for Monterey, I don't know how to transfer the serial number I had before (if possible) or generate a new one.

Thanks
just add your serial number in your config.plist

I just see "ADD" for the Serial Number.
Open up your config.plist with an editor like PlistEditPro and go to: Platform Info -> Generic and find where to enter it.

Ok I'll search for "long boot times". Is there also recommendations for alternative drives that would work better? I had this nvme drive for Mojave and it seemed fine and booted really fast for me.

Attached is a screenshot of where I just see "ADD" for the Serial Number. I had a serial number while using Mojave, but when I switched to OpenCore for Monterey, I don't know how to transfer the serial number I had before (if possible) or generate a new one.

Thanks
The Buyers guide lists a few choices, below is a more extensive list that should be okay according to Acidanthera

Working fine with TRIM:

• Western Digital Blue SN550
  • Western Digital Black SN700
  • Western Digital Black SN720
  • Western Digital Black SN750 (aka SanDisk Extreme PRO)
  • Western Digital Black SN850 (need more tests)
  • Intel 760p (including OEM models, e.g. SSDPEMKF512G8)
  • Crucial P1 1TB NVME (SM2263EN) (need more tests)
Working fine with TRIM (SATA):

• SATA PLEXTOR M5Pro
  • SATA Samsung 850 PRO (need more tests)
  • SATA Samsung 870 EVO (need more tests)

Open up your config.plist with an editor like PlistEditPro and go to: Platform Info -> Generic and find where to enter it.
Thanks. I was able to use OpenCoreConfigurator to add it in. How important is it to generate a System UUID?

The Buyers guide lists a few choices, below is a more extensive list that should be okay according to Acidanthera
Thanks. I'll consider replacing the nvme in the near future.

Thanks @Leesureone, I'm using your EFI 0.7.6 andi install MAC on external SSD. is it safe to upgrade my windows to 11? or i will boot issues?

Thanks @Leesureone, I'm using your EFI 0.7.6 andi install MAC on external SSD. is it safe to upgrade my windows to 11? or i will boot issues?

Thanks
I haven't tried to update past 10 but it should be okay, make sure you have a working bootable USB drive for OSX first though just in case and as always back up any vital information.

Back