Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

I have been trying to Install Mojave on NUC8i7BEH with the following config:

BIOS Version: 0081 (Recent)
64 GB DD4 RAM
Samsung 970 EVO 512 GB NVMe SSD
All USB 3.0 ports (unfortunately none are USB 2.0)

I followed the guides here and even tried downgrading the bios to 0056 without any luck! I tried using the config and drivers from EFI files shared in this thread. I couldn't even get to the install screen it usually gets stuck at either of the following:

• apfs module start 1993:
  • Apple logo with almost getting to 90% on the loading bar

Any pointers are highly appreciated!
See page 90 for my post and EFI folders

See page 90 for my post and EFI folders

Which one should I be using? No internal headers meaning I can't use the additional USB headers? Doesn't matter to me. I was going to use the first one NUC8EFICatClover. Don't have enough experience working with OC.
  • NUC8EFICatClover
  • NUC8 OC5.7 version, everything works except Wireless and Card Reader.
  • NUC8 OC5.8 with USB set to enable internal headers
  • NUC8 OC5.9 No Internal Headers

Which one should I be using? No internal headers meaning I can't use the additional USB headers? Doesn't matter to me. I was going to use the first one NUC8EFICatClover. Don't have enough experience working with OC.
  • NUC8EFICatClover
  • NUC8 OC5.7 version, everything works except Wireless and Card Reader.
  • NUC8 OC5.8 with USB set to enable internal headers
  • NUC8 OC5.9 No Internal Headers
The first one is dated but for Mojave it should work

Hey @eXTriC
There has been only one thing that I found kinda strange in your EFI. You have both VooDooHDA and AppleALC kexts loaded. I've removed the VooDoHDA from my install because I think that it is not really necessary and so far everything seems to be OK. Am I missing something?

Regarding Bluetooth, I've been testing and it doesn't seem to work just yet. Wifi is working fine though. In Clover you just need the following Kexts; AirportBrcmFixup, BrcmBluetoothInjector BrcmFirmwareData and BrcmPatchRam3 (for Catalina systems) and enable the boot-arg brcmfx-country. In OC should be the same but for now I haven't managed to get it working. Ill edit this post if I find the solution.

The build requires clean up. I only did minimal changes so i will look at removing redundant stuff
As for the bluetooth issue this is because the internal usb headers are not mapped i believe. Also on mine bluetooth is not showing up which it should with the intel bluetooth kext

-Update: If you use attached usb mapping it should fix the bluetooth issue. This correctly maps the internal header and enable bluetooth again
- I removed the AppleALC on my end and kept the VooDooHDA

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC.aml
    590 bytes · Views: 49
  • Screenshot 2020-06-21 at 00.26.27.png
    Screenshot 2020-06-21 at 00.26.27.png
    689.4 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Thank you. I will try and report back.

I got further than I did before. I copied all the folders from your EFI into mine. It's stuck at here:

4D8EA202-D2AA-49D2-9853-97EF56ECE2B8.jpeg

Please see if I did something wrong.

The build requires clean up. I only did minimal changes so i will look at removing redundant stuff
As for the bluetooth issue this is because the internal usb headers are not mapped i believe. Also on mine bluetooth is not showing up which it should with the intel bluetooth kext

-Update: If you use attached usb mapping it should fix the bluetooth issue. This correctly maps the internal header and enable bluetooth again
- I removed the AppleALC on my end and kept the VooDooHDA

Once again you are right. I have tested your new Usb map and now bluetooth is working. I have tested Continuity and Handoff and they both work without any issues both ways with an iPhone and an iPad. The only feature that I haven't been able to test is the Apple Watch Unlock (I don't have one) but it will probably work too.

Only this kext are needed with the DW1560 and other Broadcom chips: AirportBrcmFixup, BrcmBluetoothInjector BrcmFirmwareData and BrcmPatchRam3. (If someone has any trouble with them, please check the order in which they are injected in Propertree, it does matter.)

I got further than I did before. I copied all the folders from your EFI into mine. It's stuck at here:

View attachment 477258

Please see if I did something wrong.
Try this version and make sure you mount the hidden EFI partition on yourUSB boor drive, delete the EFI folder that is there, empty the trash and then copy this one in place.
Also very important make sure your bios settings match the ones on page one of this thread.

Attachments

• NUC8ClovEFI.zip
    31 MB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Try this version and make sure you mount the hidden EFI partition on yourUSB boor drive, delete the EFI folder that is there, empty the trash and then copy this one in place.
Also very important make sure your bios settings match the ones on page one of this thread.

I will try this one and report back. I tried to use "-disablegfxfirmware" as suggested in other posts but that didn't work.

Back