Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Another update with the current OC 5.8 EFI, my NUC8i7BEH has become very unstable, BT becomes unresponsive. Have to connect a regular mouse and keyboard. Lately, everything becomes unresponsive needing to hold power button.
I tried deleting intelBT kext (snapshot on proper tree to update config.plist) disabling Intel BT from BIOS menu. then connected an external IOGear USB BT adapter instead, but same results. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007GFX0PY/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

I'm going back to OC 5.7, didn't have any issues with BT then.

No issues with same EFI on my NUC8i5BEH, strange. these machines have their own personalities, I swear! no such thing as twin NUCS!

I may just rebuild a whole new EFI with OC 5.8 from open core guides, we'll see what happens.

Anyone also having problems with BT?
That sounds like you are having problems with USB being Bluetooth is dependent on it. I’m using someone else’s port limit patch for the i7 but I can’t test r build one myself. Bet that’s all it is especially since the i5 works fine.
You can start over with OC and it would not be a bad thing too understand but I bet you end up back in the same place.
Instead I would spend the time building your own usb patch.

You may just need to change the Layout ID on your audio device in the config.plist. There is a guide here but it’s towards the end.

You may just need to change the Layout ID on your audio device in the config.plist. There is a guide here but it’s towards the end.

Already tried that unfortunately

If you had two newer monitors that supported HDMI and Display Port I’d say your chances were good but there have been documented issues from the start. I can boot with both connected and they work fine but they are both the same kind.
I have 2xIIYAMA B2481HS-B1. They have 1xHDMI, 1xVGA, 1xDVI inputs. No Display Port.
I need to be sure that this NUC supports dual-screens before buying it.

I have 2xIIYAMA B2481HS-B1. They have 1xHDMI, 1xVGA, 1xDVI inputs. No Display Port.
I need to be sure that this NUC supports dual-screens before buying it.
Unfortunately unless someone else has the same configuration its impossible to be sure until you try. Thats the Hackintosh world in a nutshell, somethings that work for 90% of people don't for the other 10% and they then either figure it out or don't ever. if you need it to be 100% sure before then spend a little more and buy a Mac.

Last edited:
Already tried that unfortunately
Are you converting the ID correctly? You have to convert the value supported by the controller to an 8 character hex entry between the two angle brackets <01234567>. Either that or try adding this boot argument in NVRAM add. alcid=put ID here. The snapshot at the very bottom is from the OpenCore Vanilla Guide for Coffee Lake. The last thing you could try is reverting back to Clover and testing which ID works best for you there, its a little simpler being you just change the numerical value like with alcid=

ID.png

alcid=1.png

Last edited:
I'm not sure your wireless/bluetooth card is supported by that kext. I believe this is what you have "Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC vPro 8265" based on your signature. Isn't it a replaceable M2 card? If so you have other options.

These are the device IDs supported:

IntelBluetoothFirmware is a Kernel Extension that uploads Intel Wireless Bluetooth Firmware to provide native Bluetooth in macOS. The firmware binary files are com from the Linux Open Source Project.

After a few months of public testing, it seems like this Kext works well and stable. Currently it supports macOS 10.13 or higher, supported device ids are:

• 0x8087, 0x0a2a
  • 0x8087, 0x07dc
  • 0x8087, 0x0aa7
  • 0x8087, 0x0025
  • 0x8087, 0x0aaa
  • 0x8087, 0x0026
  • 0x8087, 0x0029
  • 0x8087, 0x0a2b
you'r right
thank you for your help
i don't think hackintosh will be that easy

Are you converting the ID correctly? You have to convert the value supported by the controller to an 8 character hex entry between the two angle brackets <01234567>. Either that or try adding this boot argument in NVRAM add. alcid=put ID here. The snapshot at the very bottom is from the OpenCore Vanilla Guide for Coffee Lake. The last thing you could try is reverting back to Clover and testing which ID works best for you there, its a little simpler being you just change the numerical value like with alcid=

View attachment 470658

View attachment 470659

This is exactly what I have for Audio, 0x1c000000, how would this affect BT?

I am not sure how much USB ports will affect Sleep issues, etc, Leesureone.

I got into discord for help regarding USB ports on my NUC5, their consensus was, since the NUC has not many ports, it really won't matter as long as it is not over 15 ports and properly configured (USB 2 vs 3). USB inject should be ok.

I personally have not noticed any difference with sleep configuring ports vs. USB inject all.

This is exactly what I have for Audio, 0x1c000000, how would this affect BT?

I am not sure how much USB ports will affect Sleep issues, etc, Leesureone.

I got into discord for help regarding USB ports on my NUC5, their consensus was, since the NUC has not many ports, it really won't matter as long as it is not over 15 ports and properly configured (USB 2 vs 3). USB inject should be ok.

I personally have not noticed any difference with sleep configuring ports vs. USB inject all.
EDIT: The audio issue is not causing your sleep/ wake issue, you just don't have clear sound. In terms of Audio IDs 0x1c000000 = 28, you have to work backwards to try the other IDs and convert the numerical value to hex. I think you understood that but I was questioning if you were doing it correctly. 28 has worked better according to the most recent user postings but I've also used 3 successfully forever.

As to your second issue correct USB port limit configuration, Bluetooth and Sleep/Wake behavior absolutely and irrevocably are intertwined. Its well documented through out this forum (and others). Improper port limit patching = a device that wakes immediately, won't wake at all or wakes to a black screen (and other issues). Flakey bluetooth behavior is also typically related to improper port patching because it relys, at least partially, on correct USB functioning.

Sleep wake issues are very, very, very common and one of the most reported issue here in this thread and generaly solved by using USBInjectall.kext with a custom UIAC-SSDT you create yourself for the ports you need. The other way is to replace USBInjectall.kext with a custom USBPorts kext but both do the same thing.

If you haven't noticed a difference with sleep configuring ports vs. USBinjectall its either because something else is causing interference, like a DAC or other input devices, or more likely you still need to correct your port limit patching situation.

Have you tried following this guide? If you haven't you are spinning your wheels....mine too.

Last edited:
Back