Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Is it just me that find the GPU performance with Whatevergreen slow/Unrefined ?
I'm running OpenCore with a nuc7

the picture. some text scrolled up and I was unable to capture.
Is there a way to save the boot log in a file?

View attachment 465235
the picture. some text scrolled up and I was unable to capture.
Is there a way to save the boot log in a file?

View attachment 465235
Can you try this version? It's a different memory driver but should still work with any version of Catalina. Also can you double check secure boot is turned off in the bios?

Attachments

• EFI-olderNUC8.zip
    59.2 MB · Views: 127
Last edited:
What is
You may need to find a different Device ID for your iGPU if you want to run OpenCore. Are you using the EFI folder I posted on page 90 for the NUC7?

What is

You may need to find a different Device ID for your iGPU if you want to run OpenCore. Are you using the EFI folder I posted on page 90 for the NUC7?
Yeah! I'm using that one, I've tried all Device-ID same result on all of them.

I think it has something with DRM, I tried loading "Apple's GuC" but that gave an error

edit:
The error:
Hash data from ME never returned, status = 1

I'm running the NUC7i5BNK

Yeah! I'm using that one, I've tried all Device-ID same result on all of them.

I think it has something with DRM, I tried loading "Apple's GuC" but that gave an error

edit:
The error:
Hash data from ME never returned, status = 1

I'm running the NUC7i5BNK
Well, the OpenCore EFI I posted probably still needs tuning though I don't know when I'll be spending more time on it. Its sitting unplugged on my work bench in the garage. It seemed snappy enough to me but I didn't do much to test it out.
The clover version works and if you can't sort it in OC maybe that's the way to go.

Well, the OpenCore EFI I posted probably still needs tuning though I don't know when I'll be spending more time on it. Its sitting unplugged on my work bench in the garage. It seemed snappy enough to me but I didn't do much to test it out.
The clover version works and if you can't sort it in OC maybe that's the way to go.
Done that too, I've tuned it =) I think it has something to do with Whatevergreen and kabylake/ Skylake had the same problem with a HP laptop, just wanted to see if someone knew it

Here is a finetuned one, Animation are slower than they should be and I'm looking in to that.

Attachments

• EFI Nuc7 Opencore.zip
    17.6 MB · Views: 68
Here is a finetuned one, Animation are slower than they should be and I'm looking in to that.
When you say animation is slow what specifically are you seeing?

Can you try this version? It's a different memory driver but should still work with any version of Catalina. Also can you double check secure boot is turned off in the bios?

Hi,
thank you!

Secure boot is turned off.
With this EFI the system booted up. Still no hw HEVC support.

Which is your version of NUC bios? mine is latest.

When you say animation is slow what specifically are you seeing?
Scrolling is choppy, making something full screen is sluggish like netflix, youtube etc.

Tried changing to Imac18,3 and Imac18,2 but then the color got inverted and no acceleration.

Back