Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

That's great you are up and running. To change the Clover default boot options its easiest to use Clover Configurator. Using it mount your EFI partition on the hard drive and navigate to and open the config.plist. From there select the "Boot" tab on the right and it will open the boot settings options. I've attached a screen grab of my laptop boot settings as an example, on the left you can see the multiple boot arguments that will run and on the right the option to pick a specific hard drive to boot or last booted volume as well as the default time it waits before starting to boot. Customize it to your preferences.

View attachment 444572

Mate that's fantastic. I've never seen those exotic flags. What are they for?

That's great you are up and running. To change the Clover default boot options its easiest to use Clover Configurator. Using it mount your EFI partition on the hard drive and navigate to and open the config.plist. From there select the "Boot" tab on the right and it will open the boot settings options. I've attached a screen grab of my laptop boot settings as an example, on the left you can see the multiple boot arguments that will run and on the right the option to pick a specific hard drive to boot or last booted volume as well as the default time it waits before starting to boot. Customize it to your preferences.

View attachment 444572

Hi again,

I copied the right part of the optios first and then all the boot options but my clover still refuses to remember the last booted volume, and also doesn't do the countdown.

Should I do something with the NVRam as well?

-ngfxbeta: my laptop has Nvidia graphics that need to be disabled for Mojave or Catalina to display
npci=0x2000 allows you to move past a PCI error
-lilubetall to enable Lilu and all loaded plugins on unsupported os versions (use very carefully). Add -liluforce to enable Lilu regardless of the mode, OS. Probably don't need this anymore either
Brcmfx-country=#a is a country code fix for my airport card

Hi again,

I copied the right part of the optios first and then all the boot options but my clover still refuses to remember the last booted volume, and also doesn't do the countdown.

Should I do something with the NVRam as well?
Try this config.plist and see if last booted volume works

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.8 KB · Views: 64
Hi guys. When im installing macos on my nuc8i7beh, 16gb, nvme ssd samsung 5120 gb. At the end of instalation PC just go to reboot and dat all. After reboot on the boot screen i see two option. Boot from flash usb and system disk. But i think system not installed correct. What is it may be? sry for my eng :(

Try this config.plist and see if last booted volume works

Hi, unfortunately no result. It doesn't remember the last one booted and there' no countdown.

Strangely so, the initial config.plist you posted had almost no data in Boot, and countdown worked, but only with the MacOS partition. Never remembered my last choice.

Think we can solve it?

-ngfxbeta: my laptop has Nvidia graphics that need to be disabled for Mojave or Catalina to display
npci=0x2000 allows you to move past a PCI error
-lilubetall to enable Lilu and all loaded plugins on unsupported os versions (use very carefully). Add -liluforce to enable Lilu regardless of the mode, OS. Probably don't need this anymore either
Brcmfx-country=#a is a country code fix for my airport card
I was wondering how Nvidia cards were disabled. I have an older Dell XPS laptop which doesn't have the option in the bios to disable but this should work. You really have been around for a lot of years on this stuff Leesureone. I keep learning from reading your posts so thanks for your faithful support of this tread and others I'm sure.

Hi guys. When im installing macos on my nuc8i7beh, 16gb, nvme ssd samsung 5120 gb. At the end of instalation PC just go to reboot and dat all. After reboot on the boot screen i see two option. Boot from flash usb and system disk. But i think system not installed correct. What is it may be? sry for my eng :(
Hi Latex, Once you have finished installing your Hackintosh from the USB you have a few more things to do to finish the setup.

The first is you have to install clover configurator. Mount your HARD DRIVE EFI partition and copy and paste with finder your EFI FOLDER from your USB to your HARD drive. That way future boots will use the hard drive EFI folder and boot files when the USB is removed. Keep the USB though in case one day and update of your mac or something makes your computer unbootable so it is important.

The second thing to do is to then customaise/add a unique serial number and machine number to your Hackintosh so that icloud, imessage and other apple stuff works correctly.

I wrote a guide about installing Catalina a while back. Skip down to CLOVER CONFIGURATOR and then the steps of how to do this are there with more detail etc and links on how to do this.

Hi, unfortunately no result. It doesn't remember the last one booted and there' no countdown.

Strangely so, the initial config.plist you posted had almost no data in Boot, and countdown worked, but only with the MacOS partition. Never remembered my last choice.

Think we can solve it?
Okay how about this, I don't usually use last volume booted but have gotten it to work. This version of the config.plist will always start a volume named "Cat" but you can change it in Clover Configurator to whatever your hard drive is called that has OS X on it. It works for me, it times out after 5 seconds and then boots.

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.6 KB · Views: 54
What Spottys said, you have to keep booting from the USB Drive until you change the contents of the hard drives EFI contents. Make sure you have HFSPlus.efi in your UEFI drivers folder on both drives.

Back