Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

D
So, I've removed, in /L/E, all the kexts which were also in the CLOVER folder and I have also removed :
FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext/
FakePCIID.kext/

No more sound :(
Did you rebuild the kextcache after deleting the files from L\E? Critical to have the changes take effect
Normally its enter this command in terminal.

sudo kextcache -i /

If that doesn't work because of a permissions issue see the link below

Hi everyone, I've got an NUC8i3BEH and successfully done a clean install of macOS 10.15.2 on it, everything seems to work fine (thanks to this and many other awesome guides!), except the USB-C/Thunderbolt 3 port.

I don't have any TB device now, only a regular Type-C thumb drive. If I plug it prior boot, it shows normally in finder, however it isn't hotplug-able. I've done a lot search, it seems that Thunderbolt is a common problem in hackintosh.

Is there any chance to get the hot-plug working on NUC8? For me, TB-3 doesn't really matter, the basic USB Type-C functionality is enough. The IOReg copy is attached bellow.

Thank you guys in advance.

Attachments

• IOReg-Alan’s iMac.zip
    679.1 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Your efi solves my problem of random rebooting!!
My nuc7i7bnh is working fine right now.
My assumption is that SMBIOS needs to be set correctly otherwise there are random reboots and KPs. I didn't experience any issues when installing using RHM's config.plist. After modifying the SMBIOS the problems came.

Also this config.plist is missing the 1393-problem patch. So beware in case you plan replacing your previous EFI with it.

Other than that: nice work, thanks!

Hi everyone, I've got an NUC8i3BEH and successfully done a clean install of macOS 10.15.2 on it, everything seems to work fine (thanks to this and many other awesome guides!), except the USB-C/Thunderbolt 3 port.

I don't have any TB device now, only a regular Type-C thumb drive. If I plug it prior boot, it shows normally in finder, however it isn't hotplug-able. I've done a lot search, it seems that Thunderbolt is a common problem in hackintosh.

Is there any chance to get the hot-plug working on NUC8? For me, TB-3 doesn't really matter, the basic USB Type-C functionality is enough. The IOReg copy is attached bellow.

Thanks you guys in advance.
How is your device set up? Specifically what is in your EFI\Clover\ACPI\patched folder?

I don't know if they offer models with two hard drives, you can dual boot off a single hard drive its just not as easy to maintain. I swapped in an Samsung Evo Plus 500 GB Nvme drive and kept their 256 GB drive with windows on it I can boot into using a USB drive adapter if needed (but I never do). There wasn't a guide that worked for me but I've copied the thread here that helped me get 100%. I'm using a DW1560 M2 card in place of the intel card it came with. As far as hardware is concerned its a little hard to know for sure, all I did was read whatever I could find on it. I bought a 7590 with the 9th gen i7 being the i9 was reported to get hot and throttle down, maybe the i7 does too but not with what I'm doing on it.

Thanks for the reply and the thread. I'll give it a go just good to know some of the dells work. I have been buying Dell for years now and like some of their models and especially their warranty.

NEW BIOS NUC8 RELEASED VERSION 77

UPDATE TO VERSION 77 BIOS BOOTED OK
Anyone updated and checked if NUC still boots. Christmas Day here so I'll try tomorrow but thought I would ask first. I did go back a few pages but couldn't find any comments on it.

Link to release notes here:

New Fixes/Features

:•Updated ME to 12.0.47.1524.•Fixed issue where “Chassis value type changed during flash by BIO” for Microsoft request•Fixed issue with auto detect Thunderbolt device.•Fixed issue withbasic standard speedperformance.•Fixed issue where “SMBIOS Field update BIOS” for Microsoft request.•Fixed issue with Thunderbolt controller.•Fixed issue findingBluetooth device.•Fixed issue waking upBluetooth in Legacy mode.

Last edited:
How is your device set up? Specifically what is in your EFI\Clover\ACPI\patched folder?

Hi Leesureone, thanks for your reply. Files in EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched are attached bellow, together with my config.plist and screenshots for EFI/Clover/kexts and EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI.

Attachments

• patched.zip
    4.2 KB · Views: 56
  • drivers64UEFI.png
    drivers64UEFI.png
    79.2 KB · Views: 96
  • kexts.png
    kexts.png
    130 KB · Views: 103
  • config.plist
    9.8 KB · Views: 69
NEW BIOS NUC8 RELEASED VERSION 77

UPDATE TO VERSION 77 BIOS BOOTED OK
Anyone updated and checked if NUC still boots. Christmas Day here so I'll try tomorrow but thought I would ask first. I did go back a few pages but couldn't find any comments on it.

Link to release notes here:

New Fixes/Features

:•Updated ME to 12.0.47.1524.•Fixed issue where “Chassis value type changed during flash by BIO” for Microsoft request•Fixed issue with auto detect Thunderbolt device.•Fixed issue withbasic standard speedperformance.•Fixed issue where “SMBIOS Field update BIOS” for Microsoft request.•Fixed issue with Thunderbolt controller.•Fixed issue findingBluetooth device.•Fixed issue waking upBluetooth in Legacy mode.
Updated earlier with no issues to report.

Hi Leesureone, thanks for your reply. Files in EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched are attached bellow, together with my config.plist and screenshots for EFI/Clover/kexts and EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI.
I’m on my phone so I can’t see the contents of your zip file. I’ll have to check it out tomorrow when I’m back at my computer.

Back