Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel NUC7/NUC8 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7Bxx,NUC8i7Bxx,etc)

Have you explored this thread? There are some trouble shooting tips you can try.

I have, but no luck.

Did you have to mess around too much to get iMessage working?

Thanks again.

Thank you for the clarification.

I guess installing rc scripts from Clover is needed to run the script at boot, right? I just placed your files into /etc and /opt, but the script doesn't run automatically on the login screen at cold boot.

I just need to install rc script on target volume by clover installer?
I'm not sure how to run the scripts in /etc/rc.boot.d/ at boot.

anyway I will try it later.

Now that you mention it, I suppose they are, so you must install them with the Clover installer (I was not sure if the rc.boot scripts are executed by Clover or if they are executed by macOS anyway).
Another method would be to make a LaunchDaemon plist to run the script, I might do that if I find the time.

Good evening everyone,

after the 5. attempted to fix it somehow I give up on this. I checked the logs and everything what's for me possible.

I followed the guide, tried the FAQ, tried other fixes from other Forums I found.
But nada.

So I attach my Gen_Debug file here and hopefully someone can help me, otherwise I have to give up on this (or at least give up on sleep).

Greetings,

Attachments

• debug_11107.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 75
I have, but no luck.

Thanks again.
No, I did have to log out of iCloud and then generate a new serial number and SmUUID but that was it.

I have, but no luck.

Thanks again.

I have 2 step verification enabled and iMessage works fine. All I had to do was open up my config.plist after mounting the hidden EFI partition. I personally use clover configurator. The all I did was generate serial and SmUUID. I then tested they were unique and lot already used.

Make sure to open your config.plist again to make sure all is saved.

Then go into settings and open your iCloud to sign in. Also test all is working by opening app store and logging in there too is something I do.

When I do open imessage I go into preferences and tick something that says sync my icloud messages with the computer then I see messages sent from my ipad etc. This isn't on be default in ipad or Mac from memory but I like it to be able to be able to go back to older posts and check messages etc.

Hope that helps. If iCloud says problems signing in then something is not right with serial and SmUUID.

Good evening everyone,

after the 5. attempted to fix it somehow I give up on this. I checked the logs and everything what's for me possible.

I followed the guide, tried the FAQ, tried other fixes from other Forums I found.
But nada.

So I attach my Gen_Debug file here and hopefully someone can help me, otherwise I have to give up on this (or at least give up on sleep).

Greetings,
I think you missed my post about how to run terminal and check for activities preventing sleep, as part of the debug that output is included in kextstat_log.txt. This line in the PM Assertions Dump is indicating there are multiple processes running preventing sleep, each item after a comma is an individual but sometimes related process you can google and research for suggestions how to prevent them from halting sleep

sleep 15 (sleep prevented by nsurlsessiond, mds_stores, mds, apsd)

PM Assertions Dump.png

I have 2 step verification enabled and iMessage works fine. All I had to do was open up my config.plist after mounting the hidden EFI partition. I personally use clover configurator. The all I did was generate serial and SmUUID. I then tested they were unique and lot already used.

Make sure to open your config.plist again to make sure all is saved.

Then go into settings and open your iCloud to sign in. Also test all is working by opening app store and logging in there too is something I do.

When I do open imessage I go into preferences and tick something that says sync my icloud messages with the computer then I see messages sent from my ipad etc. This isn't on be default in ipad or Mac from memory but I like it to be able to be able to go back to older posts and check messages etc.

Hope that helps. If iCloud says problems signing in then something is not right with serial and SmUUID.

Thank you all for your replies. I finally got if to work, what I found was, when I used the imessage debugger, ROM and SmUUID were not displaying. what I did was, replaced some of the drivers on the EFI folder and the imessage debugger started to show a valid ROM and SmUUID and then iMessage started to work properly. I think it may be related to NVRAM and optiomemoryfix versions. Knock on wood it keeps working!

Thank you all for your replies. I finally got if to work, what I found was, when I used the imessage debugger, ROM and SmUUID were not displaying. what I did was, replaced some of the drivers on the EFI folder and the imessage debugger started to show a valid ROM and SmUUID and then iMessage started to work properly. I think it may be related to NVRAM and optiomemoryfix versions. Knock on wood it keeps working!
Whatever it was seems pretty unique to your set up, I'm not seeing why NVRAM or memory drivers would affect iMessage, as long as it's working for you that's what matters.

Very strange but great you got it working mitoda. Updating drivers usually cannot harm things and easily reversed if something stops working. For whatever reason great news it is working. I haven't yet had a problem updating my drivers using a tool which makes it easy so best of luck.

Back